1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
a blower pressure gauge usaully means boost and only boost. They wont show vac at all. Thats about it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
will have the same basic setup. you need to tap into a vac/boost source. If its electric then you just run the wires to the gauge or if its mechanical you run the line to the gauge. Either way its pretty simple.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
navymitch12 said:
could be and electirc gauge so different connections
No, the mech ones have the vac line, the electric ones have the sender, but this thing looked like a tranny or oil cooler connection. Take a look at it. Go to the autometer web site, under the Silver series, and click on the product name and it will open a pdf file with the install instructions. Tell me if that's what you're thinking it is. I assumed it would be the same too, but it looks REAL different.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
the sender will tap in just the same just instead it has a small diaphram which it measures boost with more accuracy. But still the same basic install and wiring.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
no prob no Buy it and install it so you know that there is always boost.

·
Registered
786 Posts
:( Can you install just a boost guage or does it have to handle boost and vacuum. I would rather get a boost guage 0-20 so the deveations are larger. I don't see it showing vacuum anyway since it should always show some boost, right?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
wrong when your at part throttle, idle, cruise control, braking and so on you will be in vac.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to get the Nexus Autometer Boost gauge no vacuum. Hope when it goes into vacuum it doesn't mess it up.

·
Registered
351 Posts
loumoll said:
Thanks. I'm going to get the Nexus Autometer Boost gauge no vacuum. Hope when it goes into vacuum it doesn't mess it up.
You will not mess up the gauge! I order the Nexus Autometer gauges to. You will be fine.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Where did you order it from and how much? :eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I ordered mine from Racing Innovation here in Knoxville. I'm going to try and get my Car on the Car Show Tricked Out. Maybe the can do a show on installing them.... I have spent about 900 on them. 3 gauges

1 - 15 of 15 Posts