Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at the Dealership yesterday. I saw a Silver Redline up in the air beening worked on and I ask about it. The service guy told be it had about 15K miles, 4 bald tire (slicks), Brakes gone, and a blown head gasket. Ok now that is crazy to kill a redline like that. I like to go fast, but man. He also told me that the kid would sit with the parking brake on and let a little smoke out of the tires. Someone needs to take this kids redline aways from him. There is having fun and then there is killing the car.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
holy crap!!

ive had my car since oct. and ive done one burnout, one, and only cuz id never done one before in a car (my first manual)

i dont plan on doing another one anytime soon, even tho it was real fun....only at the right time i guess.

thats real sad tho:(

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats true at least he did. But with tires that are $800 for a set. I hope he's rich....

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'll admit i get on it here and there like it was meant to be driven, but to have BALD tires with that many miles and to have torn up the brakes already must take some serious beating. mines held up real nice

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
oh yeah, ill get on it too.....but not as much as i used to, i drive it a little more "respectfully" now. and when i do get on it, ill get on it for only about 1-2k rpms then let off just so i can feel the headrest.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had a couple of glasses of wine and went for a drive tonight. I did something I never do...I RL'd all the first three gears in a 35 MPH....damn...Got those crazy mazda hairs going. I love this car!

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have had ppl at my dealership replace their tires on the Redlines @ 7-8k miles because of a.) premature inner tire wear, due to lack of rotation b.) str8 beating the shit out their car. I've got about 7k miles and im already (looking) for a good set of tires for street and for the track. I've been looking at the BF Goodrich T/A KW2. Any feedback??

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i think it'd be better to put sandpaper on a broomstick and put it where the sun don't shine

that'd show them what it's like to go through that pain....

ok, that was a touch harsh, but think of the car! :eek:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, I have 15k on my car and still have plenty of tread left (only 8 months old). But I haven't done a burn out with this car or rag on it too bad. It's my daily and I want to keep it that way, lol.

I wonder if the dealer is going to warranty the blown head gasket?

Tom

·
Registered
272 Posts
when i first got my car i drove fast a little to often...but since my accident and new tires ive calmed down a lot..no more high speed turns and racing just for the hell of it...these cars are expensive to own...geez...but worth every penny... :D

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well its supposed to cost me 70 for the oil change and thank god for cupons. Well i bout my car at 12000 and they had already gone thru 1 set of tires and this was the second set and the fronts were half gone. (when i bought it) I admit i got a little happy with the "new car" and the back tires (now the front) are like 99% tread and the front (now the rear) have like 25-30% tread and the inners and almost completely bald. I was hopeing to get just 2 new tires but i think i just might want to get all 4 new that way i can try a different brand that actually is more sticky when i go around corners.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
ohh and the car has a little over 16000 now. that really sux. its gonna cost like 1000 for some really nice tires that actually might last a while.

·
Registered
541 Posts
pclear9061 said:
well its supposed to cost me 70 for the oil change and thank god for cupons. Well i bout my car at 12000 and they had already gone thru 1 set of tires and this was the second set and the fronts were half gone. (when i bought it) I admit i got a little happy with the "new car" and the back tires (now the front) are like 99% tread and the front (now the rear) have like 25-30% tread and the inners and almost completely bald. I was hopeing to get just 2 new tires but i think i just might want to get all 4 new that way i can try a different brand that actually is more sticky when i go around corners.

I'm just over 17k, and owned since August of 04. 5k new tires, wife drives it now, needs tires again......There has been one rotation in the 5-17k since. So 3 sets?? of front tires!!!

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
yeah i bought mine in may of this year and i got a really good deal on it, fully loaded for only 14,600, got it in CO and i live in CA

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
max_boost said:
The only thing I could think after reading that...At least his clutch stood up to the abuse. lol
the clutch is still going strong. well i do have one problem and i dunno what its is from but when i get into second at about 2-3k rpm it seems to bog for a split sec and then go back to normal has any one else had that prob??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.