Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has blown out a spark plug? I was driving down the road and had no power. Took it to the dealer today and they were asking $3500 to replace the head and the timing chain. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or another way to get this done cheaper? Thanks.

Also this is on an 2004 Ion redline with a stage 2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be able to get some pics later today. On the spark plug it looks like the treads were striped. Talked to a few other shops and told me this is normal in FORDS and to retape it. There is another name for it but don't know what it is. Has anyone retaped the spark plug hole?

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I blew a plug out of the head, ruined all the threads and such, big mess. brought it to a local reputable shop they heli-coiled the threads and it cost like $100. heli-coils if done correctly can be multiple times stronger than the original threads. $3500 my ass.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Me an a buddy fixed my girlfriends car yesterday of the same problem, costs 30 for the tool set and 30 for plugs.
Go to advance auto parts store and get the save-a-plug kit.
I was iffy on it but it worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The day after I was told about RIC at Blownoutsparkplug.com. He came out to the house to do the work. He bore scooped the engine and he fixed the spark plug. The work done was outstanding. I would recommend him if you have this problem like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts