Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I"m trying to build a show car and I'm having a hard time finding body kits for the Redline. Do any of you know who makes them for this car? Also, the body kits for the regular Ion fit this car? Thanks in advance.

-Jason

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm pretty sure that body kits for the regular Ion QC would fit since its the same body.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Ones that fit the ION QC shoud fit ours. I mean ours is a QC with a kit and upgraded engine and interior. I don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes the ones for the ION QC will fit perfect, Our cars already have a body kit on them though :) However I really do think that it could be a little more agressive looking. Aerogear.net I believe was looking at making one. I don't know what happened with it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.wickedbodies.net/03-On-Saturn-Ion-Body-Kits.html
Looking at this site it does not appear that the body kit will fit. The Ion has more angles to the top of the kit. The one for the regular ion just goes straight across. Also the head light on the redline dips down a little bit. I saw the post on the company trying to make a kit, but my company wants names and product numbers for kits already made... thanks for the quick replies though.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think in order to put a regular Ion body kit on you will have to buy the stock Ion body pieces that go under the doors (can't think of the correct name for them). A member here (myredline) had a body kit put on his car and that's what they had to do to make it fit correctly. Here are some pics http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/713629

·
Registered
36 Posts
^^^Side skirts you mean??

I think the only piece of the GROUND effects package that you can get on a regular Ion that DOESN'T fit is the front peice of fasica because my front ground effects slides onto my front bumper. I don't know about other body kits however...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
yes any kit that fits the QUAD COUPE NOT THE 4 DOOR VERSION will fit our redlines i have already installed some on a few of our customers cars. they do fit pretty much right on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zfactor said:
yes any kit that fits the QUAD COUPE NOT THE 4 DOOR VERSION will fit our redlines i have already installed some on a few of our customers cars. they do fit pretty much right on.
From the look of it the problem looks like the front. You don't need new headlights or anything? Also the kit looks like it it molds to the body differently, instead of going straight across it dips down. thanks for all the quick replies

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Well, there's one thing that the Redline has that the QC doesn't have that may present a clearance issue (I don't KNOW, I'm not a doctor, I'm just SAYING), there's an intercooler in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts