Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local E85 stations were sold and the new buyer is not longer offering E85 as a fueling option. To add insult to injury, they are selling 91 octane as their "Premium" fuel. What a joke!

I hope they burn in hell because no one is going to buy 91 octane when 93 octane is so abundant in my area.

Dumb!

There are still several options for E85 in my area but I think I am going to make the switch to 93 octane for the rest of the winter.

A Devil's Own Progressive Meth kit is going back on for the mean time...

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums...49-devils-own-meth-kit-installation-pics.html

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The e85 prices have been sucking balls in MN pretty hardcore. I think I've been seeing an average of 30-35 cent discount over regular gas and that's it. Whatta bunch of shit.

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prices are higher because the E85 is now E70 which means it has more gasoline in it. Prices around here jumped about 10 cents per gallon when they went to the winter blend.

I can still get it at a lot of places but I really liked these Renew stations. I got constant updates on the Ethanol %s at each location. So as soon the new blends were coming out, I would get an email notification so I knew which stations were still on the blend I had or which stations had the next blend I wanted.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My local E85 stations were sold and the new buyer is not longer offering E85 as a fueling option. To add insult to injury, they are selling 91 octane as their "Premium" fuel. What a joke!

I hope they burn in hell because no one is going to buy 91 octane when 93 octane is so abundant in my area.

Dumb!

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums...49-devils-own-meth-kit-installation-pics.html
I kinda doubt the average person (99.9% of a gas station's business) will go elsewhere to get the extra 2 octane... usually the people filling up for premium do so because their dashboard says premium, not because their owners manual says minimum 93 octane... It sucks for your situation though!

A bit OT: Are you located in Wisconsin by any chance?

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I kinda doubt the average person (99.9% of a gas station's business) will go elsewhere to get the extra 2 octane... usually the people filling up for premium do so because their dashboard says premium, not because their owners manual says minimum 93 octane... It sucks for your situation though!
Your probably right. But given the choice, I would choose 93.

A bit OT: Are you located in Wisconsin by any chance?
I live 10 minuets out of Green Bay in De Pere.

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am actually going to Bailey's Harbor this weekend.

We camped at Pennisala state park over the summer. It was nice! Then we did the whole winery thing. We also took the fairy to Washington Island which I don't recommend anyone do. There is nothing up there. It was a waste of time.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
What is e85 running price wise up there? I'm at 3.09. Its all over around here. Also just found out a couple weeks ago that Ignite racing fuels is only 15 min from where i work. E98 here i come.....

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts

Dumb!

There are still several options for E85 in my area but I think I am going to make the switch to 93 octane for the rest of the winter.

A Devil's Own Progressive Meth kit is going back on for the mean time...

Must be nice to even have the option of 93 at other gas stations. Here in nova scotia not one pump station carries 93. Highest is 91.

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
Still cheaper than gas here :(

yours is 3.59$ a gallon? So about 1.07 a liter.

Right now here 91% is at 1.45 per liter.

So roughly $5.48 a gallon.

·
Registered
674 Posts

We camped at Pennisala state park over the summer. It was nice! Then we did the whole winery thing. We also took the fairy to Washington Island which I don't recommend anyone do. There is nothing up there. It was a waste of time.
You didn't go far enough. You need to drive to the far side of Washington Island and take the Karfi (passenger ferry) to Rock Island. No cars, no bikes. The boat house/great hall built when it was owned by Thordarson is fun to explore (set up as kind of a museum of the island). From there, where the ferry docks, you can go left and hike to a fully restored lighthouse (similar to Eagle Lighthouse in Peninsula State Park) and tour it; or go right, and head for one of Door County's most beautiful and secluded sand beaches. If you're really ambitious, you can hike around the island (6+ miles) and only cross paths with a handful of people.

My gallery at Saturnfans has a number of pics of Door County:

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/6177

·
Registered
123 Posts

Yeah I'm 25 min out of Milwaukee... Been to Wash. Island myself, no, not recommended on this end either...

Speaking of twisty roads, have you ever done the Kettle morraine Scenic drive... Its a bit south of you I think... I usually pick it up in the Sheboygan area, although honestly I'm not sure how north it goes, its a great drive in the fall months with all the scenic landscape.

·
16,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I'm 25 min out of Milwaukee... Been to Wash. Island myself, no, not recommended on this end either...
It would be a good place to go when the Zombies attack. Its large enough to provide enough resources to support a large community of survivors.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts