Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the people that have put a boost gauge in:

Did anyone use the stock sensor(can this be done) to see what boost the computer is seeing? If so how...

Where did you tap in to get the boost and is it before or after the intercooler?

I just went to my grandpas and he put his in his Syclone before the intercooler because he wanted the boost before any restrictions as in maximum boost the turbo was providing. Which looks hard to do with our set up.

I am trying to get my buddy that makes prosthetic(sp) arms and legs to make me an A pillar gauge so I want to have an idea of what I am going to do before i send him my A pillar trim.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I tapped the line coming from the intake going to the boost solenoid. I only seen like 3 vaccuum lines on the car and 2 of them wouldn't work. Maybe there is more.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I used the large one that comes out between the supercharger and the head. Which is the same one that clownhair speaks of.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ender said:
Did anyone use the stock sensor(can this be done) to see what boost the computer is seeing? If so how...
Yes... you can tap into the grey wire that goes to the post-SC manifold pressure sensor. It's an analog signal, 0-5V. That's what the computer sees.

·
Registered
73 Posts
what has everyone been doing to mount their boost gauge? i have a gauge know how to hook it up nust unsure where to mount it any good ideas let me know

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i molded in a 1st gen dsm pod.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanM, do you have a picture you could send me, I really want to see what the computer sees thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
ender said:
DanM, do you have a picture you could send me, I really want to see what the computer sees thanks
Not 100% sure what you mean, exactly...? The second pressure sensor (if you stand facing the engine, it's at the left side of the manifold, just to the right of the large coolant hose) is what the engine computer uses to measure boost pressure. The wire in cavity 3 is a 5V reference, the wire in cavity 1 is a ground, and the wire in cavity 4 (which I believe you'll find is Grey, but verify on your car for sure) is the signal. It varies from 0 - 5V as the pressure varies from ~0 to ~2 bar. What's on that wire is exactly what the computer sees... 0-5V.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts