Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so its been about a month now and i have a 2.9 pulley, stage 2 belt, 42lb injectors, stage 3 pcm, heat exchanger, magnaflow exhaust and cai. and i am boosting around 13psi on the street just on a side street, and im doing about 15psi on the highway in higher rpms. i know 2.9 pulley should do about 17psi. i wanna be around 15ish, 16psi all the time. so what is the problem?? i was thinking a tune would deff. be a good idea to help this problem... so any ideas????

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Is your exhaust a cat back? If you open up the exhaust you will make less boost. Me personally would not worry about it unless your boost gauge darts bouncing around. If it does that you have a boost leak some here. If you have super high boost quick you have bad cat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my car is a 2005 and i have the intense stage 3 pcm. ok ya i guess my boost is ok, i dont have the car tuned yet. do u think that would help? im thinking about getting it tuned by benchmarking tuning, they are out in chicago and they have hp tuner and a dyno. any ideas?

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Personally I would find a person that has tuned lsj cars before. Just because someone has hp tuner doesn't mean they can tune a lsj or anyother cars. It just means they have it. That is always just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
my car is a 2005 and i have the intense stage 3 pcm. ok ya i guess my boost is ok, i dont have the car tuned yet. do u think that would help? im thinking about getting it tuned by benchmarking tuning, they are out in chicago and they have hp tuner and a dyno. any ideas?
Go to AMS in Glendale heights rep. tuner they have done all my cars, the specialize in evo's but they know there way around gm's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts