Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried the low-profile wiper blades on my old SW2, but the windshield was so curved that the passenger side hardly wiped at all. i felt like i wasted almost $40! i've always trusted Tiple-Edge, and they worked great on my SW2, except you have to baby them a little bit when ice gets caked on your windshield.

so, when i got my IRL, i kept on using Triple-Edge, but i found that the bow tends to freeze and that leads to a streaky wipe (never a good thing!) so when i accidentally shredded one of the blades while trying to scrape ice off my windshield, i decided to try the low-pro's again, since the IRL windshield is flatter.

right out of the package, i noticed that the blade itself is very soft, so i'm not sure how well it's going to hold up, but hopefully most of winter is over for the northeast. the "bow" part of it has a neat spoiler shape that helps press the blade to the windshield at speed, and it also has a nice cover for the hook at the end of the wiper arm.

let me tell you, these wiper blades are awesome for rain! it poured yesterday afternoon and all day today and i zipped right along. i even tailgated a bit to catch the spray from the car in front and i never got any streaks. it even looks cool, especially with the antenna mod. it really cleaned up the car completely.

only thing i might do different next time is get 24" for the driver's side and 17" for the passenger side rather than the stock 22"/19"

wish i had bought these sooner, though $40 a pair is a bit off-putting.

·
The Flintstone
815 Posts
Yea, they have lasted longer than anything else I've ever used. AutoZone just got done having a BOGO w/mail-in rebate.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I've had a type of these blades [have had them up here for like 5 years now made by several companies.. winter and all] if they are the type I think they are.. no joints or hinges, just the blade and something to connect the blade to the arm [basically], since I bought my car in 2005 [and even had them on my old Cavy].

I love them mainly because they don't freeze up in winter so they always work.

If they are not like this, then ignore this...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts