Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I got a 2004 redline last night and it's my first car. I'm so excited I can't sleep so I joined this forum. I'm 17 and I'm probably going to put all my money into it haha. Just wanted to share my excitement :)

·
Super Moderator
1,324 Posts
Awesome! Take any pics yet?
Definitely a lot of good info on here!

Reactions: jakedean

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats! Hope it brings as much enjoyment to you as mine has over the years. I'm an original owner (2006), and it has been the best combination of fun and affordability of any car I've ever owned. Until the day I first saw my Redline Ion Quad-Coupe in the dealer's showroom, I didn't even know they existed! I was having my Mom's old Saturn inspected after it had finally failed ... to see what would be involved in getting it running again. Turned out it would be almost as costly as the car was worth ;-( But it had done a great job for over 125,000 miles. Normally, I would not have owned a Saturn, being a "car guy" ... but ended up with it after my Mom past. It was totally her kind of car ... inexpensive ... simple ... no frills. I'd been looking around the showroom as they were appraising the car and saw the Redline (??) .. I thought "what the h*** is that?" It was definitely NOT your nor mal Saturn. So ... when I decided that the old car was NOT worth fixing, I told the salesman that if he could figure how to make it work, by settling with the service department ... I'd leave her with them as a "trade-in" and buy the Redline. I have loved every minute of the experience.

My word of warning ... and this is based on my mechanic's comments. If you maintain it properly, it will really last as mine has for 225,000 miles. BUT if like most owners he's encountered, skimp on the full maintenance, you'll drive it into the ground! He has many times said that mine is the nicest he's ever seen ... especially for the mileage. And I drive it! Also ... I have found that independent mechanics are now better for it that the dealership service dept. Of course, there is no Saturn anymore, so the GM dealerships will service it, but they really don't KNOW it, like my mechanic does. He's a hobbyist also and has worked on Redlines over the years. Have fun with it!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,324 Posts
Nice to see an OG stopping in to say hello :)

Reactions: jakedean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great to hear! I got my 04 redline earlier this year around April, check around the forums for regular maintenance things and feel free to connect with me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! Hope it brings as much enjoyment to you as mine has over the years. I'm an original owner (2006), and it has been the best combination of fun and affordability of any car I've ever owned. Until the day I first saw my Redline Ion Quad-Coupe in the dealer's showroom, I didn't even know they existed! I was having my Mom's old Saturn inspected after it had finally failed ... to see what would be involved in getting it running again. Turned out it would be almost as costly as the car was worth ;-( But it had done a great job for over 125,000 miles. Normally, I would not have owned a Saturn, being a "car guy" ... but ended up with it after my Mom past. It was totally her kind of car ... inexpensive ... simple ... no frills. I'd been looking around the showroom as they were appraising the car and saw the Redline (??) .. I thought "what the h*** is that?" It was definitely NOT your nor mal Saturn. So ... when I decided that the old car was NOT worth fixing, I told the salesman that if he could figure how to make it work, by settling with the service department ... I'd leave her with them as a "trade-in" and buy the Redline. I have loved every minute of the experience.

My word of warning ... and this is based on my mechanic's comments. If you maintain it properly, it will really last as mine has for 225,000 miles. BUT if like most owners he's encountered, skimp on the full maintenance, you'll drive it into the ground! He has many times said that mine is the nicest he's ever seen ... especially for the mileage. And I drive it! Also ... I have found that independent mechanics are now better for it that the dealership service dept. Of course, there is no Saturn anymore, so the GM dealerships will service it, but they really don't KNOW it, like my mechanic does. He's a hobbyist also and has worked on Redlines over the years. Have fun with it!!!
Thanks for the advice!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts