Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh, what a glorious day: after two months of battling my parents and trying desperately to rid myself of a 2004 Vibe, I've accomplished my goal, and today at 11 AM we went down to Saturn of Ann Arbor & signed the papers for my 2005 Chili Pepper Red Saturn Ion Redline with sunroof.

I'm overjoyed; I'm going to give them the keys to my Vibe & pick up the Redline at 3 o'clock when I get out of my class at Washtenaw Community College.

I'll post some pics tomorrow & update my avatar & sig when I get some time tomorrow to go out with the digital camera.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Ahh, what a glorious day: after two months of battling my parents and trying desperately to rid myself of a 2004 Vibe, I've accomplished my goal, and today at 11 AM we went down to Saturn of Ann Arbor & signed the papers for my 2005 Chili Pepper Red Saturn Ion Redline with sunroof.

I'm overjoyed; I'm going to give them the keys to my Vibe & pick up the Redline at 3 o'clock when I get out of my class at Washtenaw Community College.

I'll post some pics tomorrow & update my avatar & sig when I get some time tomorrow to go out with the digital camera.
Did the light off the party poppers for ya?? Good purchase man, props!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Welcome new owner!...(lol..to me that sounds cheesy, but oh well). Now you can throughly enjoy all the fun we have with our cars.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spooner - no, no party poppers as of yet, but I haven't picked up the car, I'm killing time in the library at school until 2:30 when i'm going to get it. I'll let you know how the poppers go, lol.

If any Ann Arbor red-liners are reading this, by the way, come down to Saturn of Ann Arbor (it's on Jackson Rd. btw Zeeb and Wagner) around 3, I've been waiting to get the car to get in touch with the other R/L owners around here, so here's my time

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Spooner - no, no party poppers as of yet, but I haven't picked up the car, I'm killing time in the library at school until 2:30 when i'm going to get it. I'll let you know how the poppers go, lol.

If any Ann Arbor red-liners are reading this, by the way, come down to Saturn of Ann Arbor (it's on Jackson Rd. btw Zeeb and Wagner) around 3, I've been waiting to get the car to get in touch with the other R/L owners around here, so here's my time
Well, that's like 3 of us Chili Pepper Red Redlines...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're a pretty uncommon group, to say the least. But you live in Chicago, if my memory serves me correct, right Spooner? But yes, hurrah for the red Redlines. Does yours have big obnoxious aero spoiler (don't take that the wrong way - I wanted that spoiler!), or is it using the little one?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i saw that car at saturn of ann arbor off of wagner there. I was going to buy a RL from them but their prices were insane to what i saw other places. I go to EMU and if i see you on the road i'll give you a few blasts of the horn from my 2005 White trailblazer. Hope you like it, i wish i could have gotten one. Congrats later Jay

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that was the car & dealership; their prices weren't TOO bad, I did some comparison shopping and went to the Okemos and Farmington Hills dealers and got the exact same prices. I go to Washtenaw Community College, so there are chances we'll see one another. Gracias

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
We're a pretty uncommon group, to say the least. But you live in Chicago, if my memory serves me correct, right Spooner? But yes, hurrah for the red Redlines. Does yours have big obnoxious aero spoiler (don't take that the wrong way - I wanted that spoiler!), or is it using the little one?
Oh yeah, big, fat, wing. I hated it at first, from a visibility aspect, but it's freaking amazing at blocking headlights in my rearview mirror! I think the red ones are the only one they didn't make last year, so I would imagine they will be the least common one. I hope!

·
Registered
556 Posts
So, according to the original post, you should have had your Red Line for a full day and a half by now.

Yet, not a peep on how you like it, how excited you are to have it, nor any first impressions.

What's the scoop?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JDRedline said:
So, according to the original post, you should have had your Red Line for a full day and a half by now.

Yet, not a peep on how you like it, how excited you are to have it, nor any first impressions.

What's the scoop?
He's out driving still! I remeber the first two days I had mine, I actually drove up and down the road in front of my house for like two hours trying to get 'break-in mileage' on it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Grats on the car, do you like it?

Sp00ner said:
I remeber the first two days I had mine, I actually drove up and down the road in front of my house for like two hours trying to get 'break-in mileage' on it!
When I bought my car, to break it in I went down to Portland and Drag raced it with less than 500 miles ;)

The first three days I owned it I put 700 miles on it.

Been driving Strong ever since ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
welcome to the club! i know you'll be liking the RL, no doubt about it!

·
Registered
541 Posts
He is still driving......and driving......and driving......and driving.....Or he could have found out what the car will try to do on a highway when you punch it (massive torque steer!!)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK guys, you all asked how I liked it, and to be perfectly honest, you were all correct: I was out driving . . . and driving . . . and driving. 390 miles since I bought it Monday afternoon :D

How do I like it? I freakin' love it. It's pound for pound, dollar for dollar, the best car I've ever owned (previous cars were a 1999 Sunfire 2-dr 5-speed, a 2002 Firebird V6 auto, and a 2004 Vibe base/auto, so pretty decent company.) The thing surprises me every day; "damn, in my Sunfire that shift would've gotten me to seventy!" (going 115); "holy shit I took that corner 15 mph faster than I ever DREAMED I would've!". It's fabulous.

There is bad news though! Today I got out of the bank from cashing my paycheck and lo and behold, my radio was dead, gone, no mas. I tried checking the fuse, disconnecting the battery, nothing. And not just like, no AM/FM stations; it's GONE. The clock doesn't even show up. I was just out driving it (it's dark here, I know there's some californians around here who are probably still enjoying three more hours of daylight!) and neglected to note whether or not the backlights came on . . . that may be telling. However, the stereo is very minor; I just play my iPod, and I'm taking it into the dealer soon. Other than that it's amazing.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
OK guys, you all asked how I liked it, and to be perfectly honest, you were all correct: I was out driving . . . and driving . . . and driving. 390 miles since I bought it Monday afternoon :D

How do I like it? I freakin' love it. It's pound for pound, dollar for dollar, the best car I've ever owned (previous cars were a 1999 Sunfire 2-dr 5-speed, a 2002 Firebird V6 auto, and a 2004 Vibe base/auto, so pretty decent company.) The thing surprises me every day; "damn, in my Sunfire that shift would've gotten me to seventy!" (going 115); "holy shit I took that corner 15 mph faster than I ever DREAMED I would've!". It's fabulous.

There is bad news though! Today I got out of the bank from cashing my paycheck and lo and behold, my radio was dead, gone, no mas. I tried checking the fuse, disconnecting the battery, nothing. And not just like, no AM/FM stations; it's GONE. The clock doesn't even show up. I was just out driving it (it's dark here, I know there's some californians around here who are probably still enjoying three more hours of daylight!) and neglected to note whether or not the backlights came on . . . that may be telling. However, the stereo is very minor; I just play my iPod, and I'm taking it into the dealer soon. Other than that it's amazing.
Nothing like part of the electronics blinking out on you right from the start! :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Way to go urban glad you finally got it and you are right it is just a blast to drive.On your radio mine did that once also I restarted the car and the radio started working.I have to give you kudos because you stuck to your guns and got your RL.I am also a former vibe owner so good luck to you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts