Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has a redline 04 blue. i have an awd turbo eclipse we have been trying to come up with a way to put a bov on a root style supercharger. so sorry guys i will find a way for you if you want one. i work at a performance shop respond to this thread if you are interested. i am new here so hello all I will be in touch.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Doesn't need a blowoff valve. If I recall correctly, it recycles unused air.

Hey, if you work at a performance shop, you should work on something more beneficial like some stiffer motor mounts, suspension parts, bumping up the rev limiter etc. ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd like one too, but the supercharger is on the wrong side of the intake/exhaust scenario for it to work - good luck trying, but every major SC manufacturer hs looked into this, and there's no pressure to "blow off".

With the supercharger BEHIND the throttle body, and hitting the TB with pressure, it's a non-existent situation. With a turbo forcing air into the TB, that's a different deal.

This subject has been beaten to death here, and we figured out that it can't be done. It's the same concept has putting a muffler in the air intake to change the exhaust note - ain't working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim Lewis said:
I'd like one too, but the supercharger is on the wrong side of the intake/exhaust scenario for it to work - good luck trying, but every major SC manufacturer hs looked into this, and there's no pressure to "blow off".

With the supercharger BEHIND the throttle body, and hitting the TB with pressure, it's a non-existent situation. With a turbo forcing air into the TB, that's a different deal.

This subject has been beaten to death here, and we figured out that it can't be done. It's the same concept has putting a muffler in the air intake to change the exhaust note - ain't working.
ok ill do that just let me know and i will talk to the owner of the shop no prob guys. :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Let us know but I seriously don't think it can be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts