Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
won't do anything, that's what the bypassvalve is for, a blowoff valve releases pressure into the atmosphere when the throttle plate closes because if the pressure stays it can make the turbo go in reverse, which is NOT good. a bypass valve does the same thing essentially, except routes the air back into the intake, once the throttle opens back up, the bypass valve doesn't do anything.

although, i have been wondering if putting on a BOV if you are pushing say, 12psi from 2000rpm, and want to hold it there, but i don't think it would work unless it's after the S/C, and this would need to be done with a bigger blower obviously

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
just wait. now that the cobalt will be out anytime now, i'm pretty sure the general is going to offer some type of upgrades, but who knows, they better if they want to compete with DC

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
I dont think its possible. But im curious as well!sorry, this is the oldest thread ive seen in a while, so you know what i had to do.....

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
first, old thread

second, if you pm stealthredline (i dunno he hasn't been on in a while) i know he did something along bov lines and got really far and i'm pretty sure he did it. but yea, do that. ricer ;)

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
first, old thread

second, if you pm stealthredline (i dunno he hasn't been on in a while) i know he did something along bov lines and got really far and i'm pretty sure he did it. but yea, do that. ricer ;)
i know man,

ps....ninja text ftw *wink*

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I can't believe this thread is still open lol

Sound clips anyone????

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get the F**k out. Putting a BOV on sure is possible if your going turbo. Who cares if you can or cant with a blower, you can tech do anything...... PUTTING A BOV ON YOUR CAR IS LIKE WINNING THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, AT THE END OF THE DAY YOUR STILL RETARDED.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
all i know is i woulnt mind rockin a bov and i dont care if i get flammed for it because i know others would do it aswell. but besides that it is possible and some members have done it but on a dyno it is proven to lose power so its stupid to do unless you're doin it just for the Pssst everytime u shift

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
I could care less bout this thread, or a BOV, as this has been discussed MANY times in teh past. I just bumped the thread and included ninja text, not caring. ya know, that thing that happens when boredom takes over? lol

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
i don't think they know ab the mighty ninja text which is good, we shouldn't tell them, and keep it secret! btw, my IAT2's are running a lot higher than before the zzp h/e... idk wtf is up, but i'm not too happy

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
bov on an s/c car is stupid!...i do like the folks who put duck calls on their buddies bov though!...research it on you tube....if you want a bov sound im sure that some ricer mag has electronic ones....lol..just push the button to sound like an ass!

·
whore whore whore whore
9,037 Posts
^maybe you switched the in/out inlets on the h/e?
nah, idk... they said it didn't matter which was which, but i feel coolant in one tube, and one tube i feel nothing... my iat and iat2 are anywhere from 30 to 80 degrees difference now, when they were around 10 to a max of 40

ninja txt ftmfw...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts