Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the web to try and find out how to attach a bov to my redline. I know that a BOV is for turbo's but it seems to me that maybe we could do a custom fabrication and maybe put it on the return line or after the throttle body????I would rather have that sound when i shift then have my unused air return to the front of the supercharger...If anyone knows how this may be done please tell me...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I first thought you were kidding but I guess not.

Roots style superchargers have an internal bypass valve to relieve any unwanted pressure in the intake manifold by recirculating it through the SC...to the intake manifold and so on.

Blow off valves are designed...IIRC... to remove any pressure in the exhaust manifold to prevent improper turbo operation.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you are saying it cant be done whatsoever.....I know it cant be done in the normal application but i was just thinking if we have pressurized air why cant we make it come out a blow off valve even if its not gaining anyhting but the noise.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Centrifugal blowers can use BOVs. Roots-type cannot, since they are directly bolted to the intercooler and then the head. You're not gonna get the neato psshhhwww sound you want.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awww....thats a shame....oh well still happy with my car...just put my fog lights on last night and got my windows tinted this weekend...jsut waitin for that aem cold air to come out next week

·
Registered
187 Posts
What percentage did you tint the windows at?? any pics or the tint and the fogs??

·
Registered
524 Posts
paintedblack said:
What percentage did you tint the windows at?? any pics or the tint and the fogs??
I'll get some new pics of my car up with the new tint I got. It is now 5% all over...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
I'll get some new pics of my car up with the new tint I got. It is now 5% all over...

Tom

Can you say, "Illegal tint citation"???

At least here in Texas, anyhow. ;)

Also, some places here are so strict on State Inspection that they won't even pass your car if it has illegal tint on it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah we have some strict laws here in cali too....I got 5% on the back 3 and 20% on the front two...U technically cant have any on the front but usually the cops are cool as long as they can kinda see through...You just have to drive with your windows down as much as possible especially if you see a cop...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ahh my children, when will you learn to reasearch as much as possible before posting? Truth is the RedLine's sc is equipped with a bypass valve that recycles unused air back into the sc. Yes, there are bypass valves that vent unsued air into the atmosphere and sound much like blow off valves because they are pretty much the same thing. However, such a bypass valve would require an sc to push 14psi or more. Since the RedLine's sc is only pushing 12.5psi, said bypass valve would only cause the engine to loose boost. So, until we start pushing 14 psi +, we won't be hearing that sexy vrooooooom pssshh sound anytime soon. And how did you guys go from bov to window tint?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts