Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm going to post this story although I'm sure I'll get called out by the "magazine-racing experts". I was driving down the North Dallas Tollway (good place to troll for more expensive cars w/less zoom) when this Porsche did a 100 zoom by. I was running a little late for class so I thought, ehh I'll use him as an automotive full-back. We came up on some traffic and so we both had to slow down, I saw him look into his rear-view mirror and knew that he knew what I was doing. As soon as traffic cleared he downshifted and gunned it. I knew that he had gunned it because of the puff of black smoke that came from his tailpipe (if you are unclear if someone in front of you is doing some hard acceleration just look for the smoke from the tailpipe or the sulfur like smell on smaller and foreign cars). I figured he was going to accelerate when he got the chance so I was already in my prefered gear. Needless to say he didn't pull on me at all. The driver then did a 3 lane change so he wouldn't avoid his exit. It would've been nice to go further with the driver but I'm sure he was surprised that his little porsche didn't pull away from a Saturn costing less than half what he spent. I think what I love most about this car is that it takes the "Status-quo" and turns it on its ear, gotta love that in any car! :D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I know what you mean. Last night I was doing some spirited driving with a mercedes 500 sedan. If I had to say it was no less than 2 years old. The driver was maybe 25 and the car had 22's for rims. Anyways I would have to say that either he did not no how to drive the car or I am getting alot better at driving my car. Be cause when ever I wanted to "mind you this is 10:30 at night and there was light traffic" I would pull on his car with out any problem at all. 3rd gear 4th gear never got to 5th but you get my point. It ent on for about 15 miles hiting speeds in ecess of 120. Al in all one of the better races yet. Peace

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not BS at all. The Boxster only runs 14.5 quarter mile. And 0 to 60 in 6 sec. The Boxster S does 13.7 in the quarter. So I don't doubt you stayed right next to one at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts