Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to school, there was about 4 cars in front of me, we were all doing about 40 or 45 and were all pretty close together. What happens? About the third car up from me slams on the brakes for whatever reason, then the car behind him slams on the brakes, and the car in front of me does the same, I do the same, the truck behind me does the same...what does the red line do??? Stops instantly...I mean instantly...no nose dive either. The older nissan mid-size truck behind me has to pull out into the middle lane to avoid running in to me, and I stop behind the neon (not an srt-4) with the same distance between us that we were before everybody slammed on the brakes. So, to make a long story short, these are truly some of the best brakes I have ever experienced. They stop IMMEDIATELY and give you a great feeling of safety. So to anyone who doesn't think the red line's brakes are really as good as everybody says...they are.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well the stopping distance is very nice with these brakes. Better than a Nissian Maxima that hit me last thursday. I'm getting and new rear bumber, trunk replace and right rear quarter repainted. Can't hardly tell he hit me when the cars dirty from this rain. Still Sucks thou.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aeain said:
They are rated at one foot less stopping distance than a Lamboghini.
Here are some official 70-0 braking stats from Car and Driver:

Lamborghini Gallardo - 158 ft.
Red Line - 162 ft.
Corvette C6 - 166 ft.
SRT-4 - 169 ft.
Nissan 350Z - 174 ft.
Pontiac GTO - 185 ft.

Hey, it stops quicker than an SRT-4 :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Go ahead and pour some more salt in the wound..... :p

Those SRT guys will always be back.....the're nervous :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I wonder if the Ebay drilled and sloted rotors the all 4 kit would improve any? But hells yeah even in the rain they rock.

·
Registered
683 Posts
goofyguy said:
I wonder if the Ebay drilled and sloted rotors the all 4 kit would improve any? But hells yeah even in the rain they rock.
I was looking at those too, But they only specified redline, not a view or a ION, makes me wonder. But would be interesting. And they look awesome (if the coating they put on it is worth a shit)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
Well the stopping distance is very nice with these brakes. Better than a Nissian Maxima that hit me last thursday. I'm getting and new rear bumber, trunk replace and right rear quarter repainted. Can't hardly tell he hit me when the cars dirty from this rain. Still Sucks thou.
LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT! LAWSUIT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts