Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I wanted to find out when everyone did their first brake pad replacement I have 14k Miles on my car and they have been squeaking pretty bad since like 10k. I usually downshift alot to slow down so this seems like they wore out too fast... At first I thought it was the breakdust squeaking(most brake dust I've ever had on a car) but Im not so sur now. does anyone have any similar situations?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
i had 28K on mine before i replaced them with GMPP rotors and hawk pads all around.

they still have half their life left.......still have them

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what I was thinking.... I think its the brake dust in there squeaking... my rims are covered in brake dust not even 2 weeks after I wash them really good... Its so annoying (and embarassing) I think I might replace the pads even though I dont think they are worn.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
im changing mine now at 25,000. i got the ones off of ebay but after reading from other people i wish i didnt.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
40K just hit the sensor.

Pads only - no problem

If you're changing at 14K there is something else going on or you are really tailgating

·
Registered
813 Posts
What type of driving do you do(city/highway/average trip miles?)? 14k total miles or 14k that you have driven and xxxxxx miles from the previous owner? 14k is realllllllly low. I got to 40k living in a major city. I drive lightly though.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Changed mine at like 58k but they squeeked forever prior.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What type of driving do you do(city/highway/average trip miles?)? 14k total miles or 14k that you have driven and xxxxxx miles from the previous owner? 14k is realllllllly low. I got to 40k living in a major city. I drive lightly though.
I would say about 50/50 with city and highway... all fairly short distances I usually dont go more than about 25 miles each way.... and the 14k is total on the car. I drive pretty lightly too (alot of down shifting) My wife isnt as nice to the brakes as me but she isnt horrible. Ill definitly have to check out the rear calipers although I think they are fine cause I do get some brake dust back there too... I might just take it to GM and yell and scream till they replace them under the warranty.... hahaha jk :argue::fight:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Go to the dealer, that BS. I bought my car with 12k and before I drove it off the lot I made them replace the rotors and pads, as they were fried. I have 40k now on the car and im through that set too. I did put slotted rotors and EBC redstuff pads on the back already, no dust visable at all ever on them, and they wear great. The finish on the rear rotors looks just like they were broken in yesterday. I even think there is a tsb about overly rusty rotors or something....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did my front and rears around 98k...(kilometers) They were low but not that low. I just couldn't take the noise any more... They squealed ever since I got the car with 5k on it... Rotors were still good too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts