Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF? Is it possible I need new pads after just 14,000 miles?

Why are my brakes squealing? Anyone elses doing this?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
linenoyz said:
Define squealing.
Not squealing loudly. More like squeaking a bit. Kind of like how brake pads sound at the first sign they need to be replaced soon, but you can still go for a bit without chaning them, if that makes sense. :eek:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JPK said:

I dont know about this car, but I used to use my brake pads pretty fast, and after looking at these, I wouldnt think I'll get too much past where you're at now...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I got new pads and rotors from the dealer at 8700miles. :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Im having same problem is this under warrenty i onlly have 2500 miles one car some times rotors grind someitmes brakes squeak so i will wait till 4300 mile when i get oil change and get that done also !!!! please find out if this is covered im not paying 160 in labor for some bull :(

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mine are still quiet with 9000 miles. You can probably get a decent look at them through the wheels to see if the wear indicators are hitting the rotors. I doubt the dealer will replace brakes under warranty.

·
Registered
808 Posts
They will make noise sometimes when they are cold, thats no problem. If they make a scraping sound when you are not braking thats the wear indicators.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JPK said:

mine do the same thing, figured they're getting low. not quite sure how to check though, have to have a buddy help me out on that one...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
alredline04 said:
under warranty?
yes under warranty..

they told me they would do it once as a favor to me..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.