Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little bubble on my drivers side front tire on the sidewall. I was told by a car buff at work that it was my sidewall coming loose. Im not sure if thats what it is or not but i was just wondering if you guys think i have a warranty issue or not cuz those tires are like 180 a piece.

·
Registered
22 Posts
spongalot said:
I got a little bubble on my drivers side front tire on the sidewall. I was told by a car buff at work that it was my sidewall coming loose. Im not sure if thats what it is or not but i was just wondering if you guys think i have a warranty issue or not cuz those tires are like 180 a piece.

This is a common problem with low profile tires. If you hit a pothole or something else hard enough to bottom out the wheel, it will put a little cut inside of tire which in turn lets air leak thru sidewall plies. This is what caused your bubble. I had this same experience with some Goodyear 50 series tires. When I went back to dealer, I was told it couldn't be repaired and it wasn't covered under warranty, but I'd try anyhow. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no luck. I just got back and if i want that fixed i have to pay for it. The guy said i parked it against a curb and thats why but its on the drivers side and i dont live in england so i dont think that happened. There are a lot of potholes around here though. ALso i had a screw in my back tire and the guy pulled the screw out siad it wasnt all the way through and said they dont have a patch for it so i have to take it somewhere else. But i know its leaking cuz the other day it was at 12psi. So that was pretty weak I cant beleive they dont have a plug/patch.

·
Registered
808 Posts
you can go to firestone and purchase roadhazard insurance so if that happens its fixed or replaced free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts