Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the Top Performance is the company. I paid for an overnight delivery and it didn't arrive until 5 days later. They would not refund me nor get the money back from UPS. That was not my fault and I just got billed back on my credit card when I denied the charge 3 months ago. Not good business, customer service, and Still 3 months later is trying to charge me for an overnight paypal that was not recieved overnight. I will no longer do business with them and have reported them to the BBB. Buyers Beware. I would definetely look elsewhere if you are looking for a part because their website does not even tell you if an item is in stock or not. I had to make 3 different appointments with my installer because of this fiasco. Oh and that Overnight charge they are still billing me for and I have to wait to take out another claim against them because of their bad business. I am sorry but if I pay for overnight shipping on top of regular shipping and get it in 5 days because of UPS'S mistake, that is not my fault and a Good business would see that and take it up with the Shipping service and not the customer, right Josh? Oh and did I mention their main Phone line is to a cell phone that has a full mailbox? Either way everyone, I just don't want this to happen to you.

Josh

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
going to the BBB will do no good whatsoever,,they do not have any power to make or collect from any company nowdays,,trust me i just went thru a month longer battle for absolutely nothing with the BBB and a company..go to your states attorny generals office and file a complaint you will probably get further

·
Registered
333 Posts
4 weeks ago i paid o tt p for my vulcan intake mani and exhaust mani, and i picked on the website id come pick it up, and once the parts came in i drove out there, and the store is out of a house for 1, and there are only 2 people that work for the "company" and they both didnt look older than 23

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
hmmm, i ordered my forged pistons, rings, new plugs, arp head studs and a cometic head gasket from them on last monday...paid regular ground shipping, cheapest option, all my parts were at my house on thursday before i got home from work at 230pm. and they shipped out that same day i ordered it all...3rd day later, at my house
so i have nothing negative to say about **** and these are the 1st complaints i'm hearing about them...

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
My rotated engine mount came within a few days of my order. Very fast.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
is there a problem being young and working out of your house? I dont get it. 99% of the folks on this forum are under 30 and 2% over 50.

Sometimes shipping gets screwed up, its happened to me, but in my experience Josh and Sean at over the top are first class.

I purchased a car cover from car cover direct 2 months ago it has not yet arrived. I purchased a camera on ebay from an outfit in NYC promised 3-5 day shipping with tracking and all that and it took 3 weeks to get here. In both cases the shipping was supposed to be better .

I have not beaten up either vendor for slow or non delivery, I expect there is a reasonable explanation. The camera outfit gave me a couple of 4 gig sd cards. Car cover? who knows. There are always two sides to a story.

I can also tell you that when I shipped out a part to a member on his fedex account at his request, it went out next day, (he did not want that but did not say so) but I missed a check box, and it cost him a fortune he was not happy and it ended up costing me . So like I said two sides to every story.

So I re-read the post . In 5 days you got the frickin' parts and you want to flame the guys because they are young and shipping was supposed to be overnight? Get a grip. UPS screw up from time to time, even our UPS driver screwed up once. He made a mistake. I did not flame him for it.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I know its funny how everyone on ss. net worships ott
I dont think they worship Josh and Sean on nazi.net . I think the members there deal with them and find them good to deal with. Its about being friendly maybe. I cant stand that forum myself , and think that to be so rated highly on that forum is a massive acheivement . You will notice that sometimes folks even though invited, decide not to sign up to be friends. Maybe its for a reason.

The issues with Josh and Sean on this site were caused by another vendor complaining that they should not sell on this forum. The admin banned them . I have talked to the admin, who is part of the new ownership of this site. He seems to be a regular guy but he got flamed here pretty harshly over it. That was not right either.

Josh and Sean are young for sure. Interested, smart, cutting edge dedicated to the car and the business. I beleive that they do not have bad service. Or bad products. The OP here is whining about a UPS screw up. So sad/ too bad IMHO. Would you want to step up and pay when UPS screw something up at the UPS store? Even UPS corporate are nervous about UPS stores and their service. Thats life. Move on.

OP : send an email to Josh or Sean . Sort it out, and dont flame it on here. If you do, #1 you will get nothing in return, and #2 pretty soon no vendor in their right mind will sell parts to you. And dont forget this is for an obsolete no account car that Roger Penske will have absolutely 100% no interest in, as he did not buy that car which ceased production in 2007...

BTW I drive an Ion Redline. I have a spare parts car for it. I hope to drive it for ever...

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Seems they're a bit overwhelmed with too many things to take care of for 2 people. Nobody's perfect, we're all human. I think they might need to hire a secretary to help take care of the administrative, paperwork, shipping and customer support, then they can focus more on the tunes and parts and stuff. They really should go to bat against ups for you though, if it was shipped ground, ups shouldn't have charged for express.

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Yeah it's easy to get overwhelmed very quickly. I think it's awesome what they're trying to do, they're very responseable for their age. That sucks you're having a problem, but I know they're not deliberately trying to screw you. Give them a chance to fix it. I've dealt w/ them a couple times & 1 of those times I bought a tuned ecu from them & it took them a couple weeks longer than he said it would so he gave me a discount on it & was very apologetic. Great customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to deal w/ them again.:)

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
agreed. on my build, they went out of their way to cancel one order that i had made for the headgasket/pistons/headstuds that i needed asap due to the headgasket leaking. no questions asked. i got all the parts fairly quickly, especially considering how i'd changed my order, and the only thing that gave them problems was the headgasket, which they didn't have in stock so it had to come directly from the manufacturer. and tehy gave me a discount on top of that. to flame them for something that is clearly not their fault is bs

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
So I re-read the post . In 5 days you got the frickin' parts and you want to flame the guys because they are young and shipping was supposed to be overnight? Get a grip. UPS screw up from time to time, even our UPS driver screwed up once. He made a mistake. I did not flame him for it.
You guys are all missing the point.

He's not pissed because it took 5 days, he's pissed because it took 5 days and they're not doing anything about it. He's exactly right - It's the shipper's responsibility to go after the shipping company for the delay.

"the guys" should file with UPS and pass the refund along to the customer, or at least offer something for the inconvenience. If they're not doing that, well, that's pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
all these complaints are exactly why i never, never, never order express...even when i order from the vitamin shop online, i always use the super savers shipping or free shipping when i qualify...i still get my orders within 2-3 days from purchase
express to me is a waste of $$, never really seen a difference from regular UPS ground shipping rates

1 - 20 of 20 Posts