DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, the car needs to be cleaned. =)

My Initial thoughts

~ steering is noticeably tighter from side to side. Not overly tight, but
a little more stiff. The car loves to dive in to a corner. I have a front
and rear strut bar on and body roll is now even less. I regret my choice
of tires (Nexen 3000) as they have a much softer sidewall which I do like more for launching and racing but not for "twisty" drive, etc
~ if you have airtools this is a 15min installation per side. I do not, lol.
Taking the stockers off sucked. Trying to get grips on the back side of
that lubed up stocker while trying to ratchet was tough. It is a ball joint on one side and the thread side/nut on the other. I used BP blaster in hopes that it would loosen the nuts up. I ended up having to cut 2 of the 4 bolts off. After getting those four bolts off it was pretty easy from there.

~ interesting side note. For 1 1/2 years now I have had a strange popping
sound in my front right when going up driveways and general driving at times. Come to find out that my front right end link was loose and that was the popping. I've been blaming the Sprint springs this entire time :thinkerg:

To be fair, they just went on today and I plan on adding to this including some pics and vids of me going through my personal Auto X that we have here. :)

One side installed
sway bar end link installed.JPG

The other side
sway bar end link installed2.JPG
sat the stock bar up against the new one.
sway bar end link installed (next to stock bar).JPG

*thanks goes to Dainslaif and SunBurst for helping with the install. If SunBurst had a decent set of vice grips it would have helped :p . They helped get the old bars off on day one. I had to go back to my place (carefully with no sway bar) and take the saw to the bastard bolts and then installed them myself.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have had mine on for a few weeks now, and still no strange noises. In the down time before the auto x, go on some main roads (preferably empty ones) and mess around w/ it a bit...if you see manholes, or markings in the road, try some quick evasive turns around them. At around 40-50 mph, you can really feel how much of a huge difference these things make.

·
Registered
946 Posts
yeah those look awesome. And I have that same knocking / clunking sound coming from my right side. I'll have to check that, now that you gave me an idea of what it might be

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me it was the top nut that connects the end link to the car. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
thank god... my origonal ones are broke and i was gunna put the stockers back on but after seeing these i'm getting a set ASAP... mike i'll be calling you tommorow for an order

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are worth it Brew. Makes me want to get another set of tires, for racing.

Great....something else added to the never ending list.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
well i had the first set they made and i have a real bad lunk noise coming from the front due to the hime joints going bad.. glad to see these seem to solve that issue

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotcha. No popping at all. As I said I was able to get rid of a noise. he he

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They aren't on the site just yet. I believe they will be selling for $150.00 which is well worth it compared to the $120 for the regular set they sell imo

·
Registered
946 Posts
yeah if i remember right these were the beta test products?

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
correct, and so far so good

·
Registered
946 Posts
Damn you photo! you're making me jealous again

I have money to get them, but I'm putting that towards a stage II as soon as i open an ebay account. only so much to go around :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
I read this link 2 days ago, I then ordered a red powdercoated set from Bwoody and boom they were on my doorstep today. Installing them tomorrow!

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the race set or the old set?

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
btw - im going to get someone from the club over on Sat to do some vid clips of me driving slightly above the speed limit on a non populated road

1 - 20 of 23 Posts