Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we say butt kicked!!!! Yes, mine..... :(

Wife and I were on our way over to her parents house, when we hit a light. I look over to see whats in the other lane, and low and behold a CTS-V. You can hear it's exhaust, so my wife looks at me and asks:"Is it faster then ours?". I look her dead in the eye, and respond:"It's gonna make us look stupid!". So, the light changes, I gun it (w/o spinning the tires too much), next thing we hear is this unearthly roar and squeeling tires and this Caddy shoots past us like were standing still!! I actually got to drive one at the GM test drive America days down at Invesco, so I knew what was comming!! Also drove the C-6 and the Goat. Hated the Goat, great in line car, but you would figure that with all the new tech, it would handle better than the sled it is!! Anyways, just wanted to show that we RL owners are humble when it counts!!

BTW: the driver of the Caddy was probally 50ish and as he passed we could see (what we assume to be his wife) repeatedly smacking him in the head and gesturing towards our RL!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
So how fast did you both take it up to and how many car lengths did he eat your lunch by? The CTS-V has the slightly detuned Corvette engine if I remember correctly right? I bet one thing for sure though, he was probably expecting to eat your lunch by a lot more than he did, I mean hell I'd expect to blow away a Saturn with a $50K+ luxury sports car by at least 3 football fields to 60MPH.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
lol "slapped him" girls alwaymessing up great races lol!

except your girl she sounds pretty cool askign ?'s like that!

I pulled up to a wrx with c/f hood one time my girl looks at me and say's dont even think about it :p TO late green light i was out! to bad it wasn't a WRX it was and STI guy downgraded his (look wise) :) we got to next light he said im not a WRX i was liek yea you are he said nah im not then we pull over in the burger king and then he reveals all :eek:

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
That's awesome. I would love to drive one of those things. I've been trying for months to talk my father into making the CTS-V his next car, but he's had problems with his shoulder and elbow for years, and the shifting on a daily basis wouldn't be a good thing for his right arm :(. I wish he could get it as a weekend car, but then, I don't know what he'd do with his '69 Tempest. He wants to get the Charger SRT-8 as the next car, affter his '00 Boneville SSEI. I'm gonna try my hardest till the day that charger is in my driveway to get him to reconsider the CTS-V.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the top of 3rd.....I really did have him accross the intersection, and after driving one at the test drive-athon, I would have to say we could take the CTS-V for about that long even if it didn't spin its tires to hell and back. Accross the intersection, I mean, so like for the first 30-35 feet?? And no, I don't think he expected me to even do that.

As for my wife, she's the reason I need new front tires every 5k miles. She's the one who wanted me to delete the airbox, 'cause she liked the sound. She's also the one who won't let me put N2O on the car, cause it would be too tempting for her to press the little red button. She also calls me each morning to tell me who she was racing on the high way and wether or not she won. She is one great chick!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
TXRLU said:
So how fast did you both take it up to and how many car lengths did he eat your lunch by? The CTS-V has the slightly detuned Corvette engine if I remember correctly right? I bet one thing for sure though, he was probably expecting to eat your lunch by a lot more than he did, I mean hell I'd expect to blow away a Saturn with a $50K+ luxury sports car by at least 3 football fields to 60MPH.
Full-tune Z06 LS6... 405hp.... beastly car. I'm not a big caddy fan, but that is a car I'd love to have.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blainestang said:
Full-tune Z06 LS6... 405hp.... beastly car. I'm not a big caddy fan, but that is a car I'd love to have.

I'm telling you, if I felt like spending 51k on a car it would have to be the CTS-V. The C-6 was impressive, but you learn to expect certain things from a vette.....The CTS-V?? That is one unexpected, totally awesome, 4-door "family" sedan......Totally suprised me. We were allowed to drive 2 of the 3 cars 2 laps around a Auto-X style course. My buddy and I got there early, and drove all three. Went back in the afternoon and drove the Caddy 2 more times!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts