Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
351 Posts
AEM has a short and a CAI hmmm. I need to look more into this

·
Registered
681 Posts
All I got was two filter elements - they don't help if you're looking for a whole short ram or CAI assembly. The K&N part listed is for a regular Ion, not a Redline - this shop doesn't have anything listed for a Redline.

·
Registered
416 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
AEM has a short and a CAI hmmm. I need to look more into this
The CAI for the 2.2 and for the 2.0 has the same part number.

This isn't for the redline.

On another note, why won't it work for ours?

·
Registered
416 Posts
nbuddle1974 said:
there got it and yes they have it for quote "body: Red Line, Engine: 2.0L 4 Cylinder.
I think you are right. It is a short ram. The dyno sheet shows like a 6 hp gain max.

For 30 bucks more you better believe I'll stick with the K&N.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
They have 2 CAI's for the redline on there. Does the length of the CAI make a difference in performance. Plus that website is hella slow lol

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
is AEMs even released yet? those AEM CAIs are for the ion, totally huge difference in intake manifold/TB location. also, the tubing runs to the passenger side of the engine bay with those, don't they?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I have seen several sites that list AEMs intakes for the 2.2 Ions, as ones that fit the Redline as well. Look at the part numbers, if it's the same one listed for the Redline and the Ion, the website is wrong. They are not interchangeable in anyway. At least not without modification.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts