Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay -- starters please dont blow up on me for not searching for this .. i've read through alot of posts looking for an answer but couldnt find it, or needed further clarification, i thought i would consolidate a few questions into one post :)

Question 1.
Cold air intake VS Short Ram.
I went to a small local performance shop (great part prices) and the dealer is almost refusing to sell me a CAI, he dislikes them strongly because you have to clean the air filter "Every time it rains." ... now a short ram doesnt seem smart to me on the redline, with the supercharger and intercooler it seems like there will be even more ambient temp in the engine compartment then a usual motor... The stock airbox feeds from the fender as well i believe? I'm not adverse to cleaning the air filter a bit more than usual, so any opinions on this for me would be great.

Question 2. Springs
My dealer has "gold line" or something like that (gold something) springs, they are 160 canadian... now if i went with popular brands i would definitley go with sprint springs, has anyone heard of the springs my guy has available? i think he said they are a 1-1.5 drop...

Question 3. Header
Where is the cheapest place to order the scdyne header online?

Question 4. Spoiler
Same as header : Aero wing, painted.

Question 5. I'm going to go to a muffler shop locally and have them do the muffler/upgrade the choked section ... opinions on what mufflers sound best on our cars?

Question 6. What can I do to reduce wheel hop???

Question 7. Do any companies make a high quality stereo mounting kit for these, i'm looking for 1 din and 1 .5din below it for a DVD/GPS system and an equalizer below it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re item 6, Goofyguy is offering torque braces (dampers) that several forum members have installed with reported good results. You might search for threads by Goofyguy or PM him.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sprint springs are good. I have them on.

As far as muffler, that's pretty much personal taste. I can tell you the difference in the magnaflow and borla.

The Mag is way more raspy sounding (in a good way) and the borla is a bit smoother flow sounding. Both are great choices. I have the Oval Magnaflow 14" racing muffler on mine and I LOVE it!!!! Then after I installed the header, the exhaust note got even meaner. My car fucking SCREAMS at people when I pass them now. :D

As for the header, you can get them direct from Adam here at: http://www.scdyne.com/exhaust.html

I will suggest you do some research on SCdyne here on the forum before deciding though.

Have fun modding her up!!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
shanek said:
jpk, can i ask how much you spent on your exhaust?

Sure, it's all in my sig anyhow.

That $149 for the Magnaflow installed included taking out the section of pipe before the muffler that's 2.25" and making it 2.5".

Then $350 for the header (SCdyne initial group buy).

So that's what, about $500 all together. Biggest expense, of course being the header.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts