Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new 04 ION Redline owner, not a normal one though; I bought mine with a little damage (for cheap) so I need to fix the front wheel which is pointing 'up' at the moment, before the first drive. I only bought it because it's 'charged - I'm familiar with turbo's (Eclipse and Dodge), and this looked interesting. Had to drag it onto a trailer to get it home and scrape it off into my dream garage in cool -20 weather. I'm not a 'car racist', I will try any brand at least once.

So I need a right hand strut/control arm/driveshaft assy - basically the whole thing. Cradle looks OK but won't know until later. Runs awesome though..!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a rh strut,spring, control arm and drive shaft. The strut assembly is not complete though, needs the top portion with the hat and such. About 40000km on the parts, $125 + shipping sound fair. I'm in Saskatoon.

·
....Just A Saturn My Ass
1,222 Posts
I have a rh strut,spring, control arm and drive shaft. The strut assembly is not complete though, needs the top portion with the hat and such. About 40000km on the parts, $125 + shipping sound fair. I'm in Saskatoon.
Decent pricing. Cant really beat that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just pulled (and cut) it apart, looks like my strut/spring and brake is OK - spindle is shattered (aluminum? not a good place to save weight GM)

Guy I bought it from hit a curb:
Tire torn, 17" mag bent and scraped
Inner Tie rod is bent (steering rack seems OK... hoping)
control arm bent (mounts/cradle look OK...hoping)
Aluminum spindle broke in 2 pieces, across the bolt holes
outer driveshaft pulled apart at both ends (inner shaft and bearing look OK...hoping)

This assembly is just what I need... ebay has some dismantlers, ironically the most prolific is in Quebec.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
I love Calgary. Very pretty city. Just couldn't take the cold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just couldn't take the cold.
Calgary weather ain't all that cold (like Edmonton) sometimes you wear a parka and sandals the same day... But I got my dream garage(s), a 1300 sq ft which has 10 ft headroom, and I rent the one across the street which is 1100 sq ft and has 3 doors (16x7 and 2-9x10's), plus off-street parking for 8 vehicles (I'm a bit of a car junkie) Awesome...!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
when you get èr up and running let me know I occasionally come to calgary, we could set up a meet if you want

·
Registered
10 Posts
Grape, mind if i ask what u paid for ur 04?

We've been lucky this winter! I just got done a round of mods in my ol' unheated garage. Didn't even need a jacket most of the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it damaged, 190Km, bad paint, $100 in towing. Will have to put in $800 in parts, 500 in labour, at least 400 in paint materials (plus my labour) on top of the 800 cash I paid - so that's $2600 - what's it worth, maybe $4K on a good day..?

Plus it's got a bank lien reg'd on it, bank 'hints' at ~$100 but won't give me a 'no further interest' letter (CDN banks have really gone to the dogs) - they didn't even really want to talk to me - FOIP and all that... I thought when people sell a car with an unpaid loan on it, it's fraud? FOIP that, should I call the cops?? Or would they just sieze first and ask questions later, after the auction? The loan was not even the guy I bought the car from. BEWARE kiddies, do your homework before spending $1,000's on a car...

Other than that; kinda like the car, peppy and with the exception of the huge rear wing (which is broken and is now off) not a bad lookin' little plastic car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts