Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dupli-color, it comes in a kit w/paint, brake cleaner, paint brush & a tongue depresser to stir the paint with. Just make sure you mask the other brake parts off.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Where did you get the window banner? Is there a specific name for the color of that paint? It's incredibly bright and red!

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the banner off of ebay, I think it was like 20 bucks. There is no name for the color of the caliper paint, it's just red. Thanks, the shifter was done with testors model paint. :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
:mad:
Sp00ner said:
Is there a specific name for the color of that paint? It's incredibly bright and red!
I've seen the paint at autozone, advance auto parts & walmart. It comes as a kit in a box (see image).

SatredL said:
Here are the updated pic of my pimp style.
That looks like mine :D I thought about painting the shifter also, just haven't did it yet.

Just don't spill any paint on your garage floor, looks like you killed someone there.<----reason for the carboard. I didn't want a red tire :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
The best paint for engine and caliper is VHT Caliper spray paint. It is aroun $5 a can and sold at Autzone. Clean the caliper off with brake clean, let dry then buf with scotch pad and then panit the whole thing. Don't tape off the caliper while it's still on the rotor.... the paint will chip off in the near future. I used the same VHT spray paint for my dash after I shaved it down. Looks just as good as a perfessional job. No not use any clear coats on anything that will get hot like the engine or calipers. Not even heat clear coat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
IronMan19K1O said:
I used the same VHT spray paint for my dash
Do you have any pics of the dash? I'd be curoius to see how that turned out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts