Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hmmm... not a big call for 'em the stockers are great... which did you get from SMS and how much?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Ursh, $600 for rotors is a lot of cash money. They'd better look GOOD and work FANTASTIC. But yeah, there really isn't much that needs to be done with the calipers on our cars, they're very good. The only thing that may help is going with different pads; you'll get more dust & have to heat them up before they work perfect, but the car will stop better.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Ursh, $600 for rotors is a lot of cash money. They'd better look GOOD and work FANTASTIC. But yeah, there really isn't much that needs to be done with the calipers on our cars, they're very good. The only thing that may help is going with different pads; you'll get more dust & have to heat them up before they work perfect, but the car will stop better.
We already have some pretty good pads, ceramic ones... you could get ones that might last longer and handle more heat though..

I was gonna go with the Stillen ones, they're $400-$450...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
600 for rotors is crazy..... when they only cost half that for me to make them using brembo blanks......
i am currently testing a big brake kit on my car now as we speak using brembo 4 piston calipers. i can not post pics yet though as they asked me not to because they want to be first to release this and most likely i will be the east coast distributor for these kits. so far they are unbelievable, ridiculous and stupendous even..... but i sell the rotors for around 340-350 shipped for all 4. i have a thread her showing pics of mine do a search for my name it will come up.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
zfactor said:
600 for rotors is crazy..... when they only cost half that for me to make them using brembo blanks......
i am currently testing a big brake kit on my car now as we speak using brembo 4 piston calipers. i can not post pics yet though as they asked me not to because they want to be first to release this and most likely i will be the east coast distributor for these kits. so far they are unbelievable, ridiculous and stupendous even..... but i sell the rotors for around 340-350 shipped for all 4. i have a thread her showing pics of mine do a search for my name it will come up.
Now, that's more reasonable; I'd say you shouldn't pay more than $75 per corner for decent rotors. I'd definitely be interested in this when it came out, provided I could pony up the dough.

Sp00ner said:
We already have some pretty good pads, ceramic ones... you could get ones that might last longer and handle more heat though..

I was gonna go with the Stillen ones, they're $400-$450...
I didn't know we had ceramic pads. That's pretty high tech . . . now all we need is ceramic ROTORS like the Enzo. :D The $400-450, that's for rotors, correct?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, there's couple of places that has them... SPS sells them, and Stillen sells them, from the sound of it SMS has them for $600/set... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts