Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was an older one, with the recessed headlights, and it was an auto. he was behind me at a light, i took off hard and didnt stop. took it to the top of third, shifted to fourth and looked back, he switched lanes and was about 2-3 car lengths behind me so i shut down. all in all i think the cars are pretty even, if i wasnt in front of him at the start he probably would have had a better launch and beat me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i know some chev fans will come down on me for it, but i dont see any z28's beating my redline anytime soon.... i've never seen one that has impressed me speed wise. or how well its held up to the test of time

·
Registered
103 Posts
Black05Redline said:
It was an older one, with the recessed headlights, and it was an auto. he was behind me at a light, i took off hard and didnt stop. took it to the top of third, shifted to fourth and looked back, he switched lanes and was about 2-3 car lengths behind me so i shut down. all in all i think the cars are pretty even, if i wasnt in front of him at the start he probably would have had a better launch and beat me.
Ok that wasn't even a race you were infront of him and you took off. Last time I checked races from a dig started side by side. Are you sure ya'll were racing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
i know some chev fans will come down on me for it, but i dont see any z28's beating my redline anytime soon.... i've never seen one that has impressed me speed wise. or how well its held up to the test of time
Some LT1's may be close like the original poster said and I can certainly believe that an LT1 may not be able to reel in a RL as in this story, but an LS1 would walk you...HARD, unless you have some SERIOUS mods.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Are you sure you really want to claim that NO Z28 is going to be beating you soon??? I can think of 5 in a 3 mile area around my house, none of them are newer than a 98, and would kill all of our Redlines....

...and about the test of time... come on... There haven't been 3rd gen F-bodies built in 15 years and I see 5 a day at LEAST. With more than one or two nice ones crusing around. That's like saying Mustangs were ok, but I don't think they'll be around in a few years... :confused:

I don't doubt the story... but blanket statements are dangerous...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Jamm said:
Ok that wasn't even a race you were infront of him and you took off. Last time I checked races from a dig started side by side. Are you sure ya'll were racing?
(quietly prepares for the flame war to come)

Where did you come from? You're a goddamn moron. I've seen 2 posts of yours in the last ten minutes, and they both go the same way: "ok that wasn't even a race, bla bla bla" (for "bla bla bla" insert stupid piece of shit talking nonsense that nobody cares about).

Go away, *****.

Anywho.

Sp00ner, I like how you added the Red Redline club thing to your sig - VERY bitchin! :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
:rolleyes:

you should have raced my '02 Z28 M6. i pulled a 13.5 stock and dynoed 309whp and 329wtq.

the Gen III small-block is the best V8 ever made (LS1), well now the Gen IV is!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
When my 3rd gen Camaro comes out of the Garage, it will look totally stock and original, minus the rims and a new paint job. I'd hate to be the guy in the Redline next to me racing that thing. Even the exhaust is original looking for a 3.1 V6 Camaro RS Automatic. Instead what you'd be racing is a 5 spd 327 with a near 7000 rpm Redline...

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
Ya but moosey, how many cars do you see in our city that HAVE held up to the test of time? I mean there are cars here and there whcih are only driven in summer...well, half of summer after the pot holes are fixed (still waiting on that on rochdale...lol). Our province is like a death trap to metal cars. If it can rust here, it will no matter what you do. Oh and how many Z28's have you seen, I've only seen like 5 or 6 (some maybe the same) in our city?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I highly doubt u can beat a Z28 especially newer ones. I love my Redline, but I know who to mess w/ and who not to. a Z28 camaro isn't on the list of cars I am going to race and expect a victory. a track edition Rx-8 or 350 are another 2 cars not to tangle w/. sure I'll race them for fun. but beating them is a whole different story.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
the older Z28 yeah I can see that cause I beat an older one (box shaped one's)sorry I am not good w/ years when it comes to the Chevy cars

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well put it this way guys. he started behind me, made a lane change, and had an auto tranny. is this camaro faster than a red line? probably. all im saying is that he wasnt able to pass me, in fact he was 2-3 car lengths behind me when i shut down, most likely due to the above mentioned auto tranny and starting behind me. i didnt come in here saying every Z28 is going to lose to a red line, i am surely not that absent minded. and as far as this being a race, maybe not, but he didnt (maybe couldnt) catch me and pass me.

·
Registered
888 Posts
a automatic Z28 with the LT1 engine is probably pretty damn close to a redline. If you throw in a manual trans the Z28 with the LT1 has the edge, if you are talking about an LS1 don't even bother they are sickly fast. My friend just ran a [email protected] in his WS6 firebird and all he has is exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
I commend you. You must be smoking some pretty hard core stuff! :D Just a word of advice, don't post while you are all smoked up like this, it leads to ridiculous posts like the one you made.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
guys, go out and race these cars then comment.

am i right?

z's are very fast, sound great and are fun to drive, however if a punk kid owns one and roasts off the line, a redline can most deffently beat him.

the top end of ls1's are insane even the autos

i guess you could say my opinion is the z's rock and i wouldnt mind owning one, but i love my redline, and i know it wouldnt be an easy kill for a z.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
guys, go out and race these cars then comment.

am i right?

z's are very fast, sound great and are fun to drive, however if a punk kid owns one and roasts off the line, a redline can most deffently beat him.

the top end of ls1's are insane even the autos

i guess you could say my opinion is the z's rock and i wouldnt mind owning one, but i love my redline, and i know it wouldnt be an easy kill for a z.
Good post. Until the end, you would be an easy kill for an LS1 Z even if he started in 2nd.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:

Where did you come from? You're a goddamn moron. I've seen 2 posts of yours in the last ten minutes, and they both go the same way: "ok that wasn't even a race, bla bla bla" (for "bla bla bla" insert stupid piece of shit talking nonsense that nobody cares about).

Go away, *****.

Heh I was fixing to post something similar but a little more articulate, maybe instead of calling him a *****, a Jackass :p I actually went back and looked at half of his posts and they do nothing but bitch and antagonize the thread originator. Maybe Spooner should keep an eye on this one a bit. THE COUNT GOES FULL, SPOONER BACKS OUT OF THE BATTER'S BOX AND LOOKS UP INTO THE STANDS

·
Registered
55 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
a automatic Z28 with the LT1 engine is probably pretty damn close to a redline. If you throw in a manual trans the Z28 with the LT1 has the edge, if you are talking about an LS1 don't even bother they are sickly fast. My friend just ran a [email protected] in his WS6 firebird and all he has is exhaust.
^What he said

Ultimately, I think the LT1 auto may be a little faster (my friends bone stock auto Formula Firebird LT1 went 14.2 w/ subs in the back.), but the advantage may be in the launch and not from a roll. Otherwise any 93+ Z28 should be faster and an LS1 should walk away from anything but a heavily modded Redline, but of course, we all know anything can happen on the street.

·
Registered
103 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:

Go away, *****.

Anywho.

Sp00ner, I like how you added the Red Redline club thing to your sig - VERY bitchin! :D
I came from Asia where did you come from? And what are you trying to point out in your post? Ok you've seen 2 of my post in the last ten minutes good for you. You gotta problem with them going the same way? It wasen't even a race because the didn't even line up. The camaro was behind him and the RL guy took off that was a race? The camaro was 2-3 car lengths behind him and he didn't know he was racing? If it was a race they would have been side by side am I not right? I'm a moron for posting 2 posts in the last ten minutes for sayin " that wasn't even a race? :rolleyes: " Your a moron for saying that. Go get a life and stop worrying about what I post.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Nah, you gotta deserve to be a homerun ball... it's in the Kill Sections so he can antagonize anyone he wants, as long as it's not like that srt troll that Goofy hit a line drive with.

Do you have a Redline Jamm, or something else?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts