Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Potenza RE-01Rs on yesterday. So far I love them, but I worry about tire wear for this reason:

I drive about 15-20k a year. I got the car right after the stock lops were changed for Fuzion ZRIs. After one summer I had burnt through them - not uncommon. I do a lot of highway driving, and a good bit of spirited backroad driving. Although they were burnt up all around, the inside showed a lot more wear. I assumed some camber and toe issues, as our cars have.

The thing that gets me is that I've used my Blizzaks for 2 winters and they are wearing 100% even - even with some spirited driving. So, is my summer driving what caused the inside tire wear? I would assume that if my toe and camber was off that the blizzaks would be worn un-even to? Or is it that my Fuzions were just crappy compared to the Bridgestones? Thoughts on what can cause the un-even tire wear on summer, and not winter, tires besides driving style in summer and tire brand?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
yes to everything

we have a good deal or camber in the car up front

the fuzions suck

the billacks always seem to wear even since they are a harder compound

rotate your tires every other oil change (every 6k to 8k) and that should help with keeping the wear down to a minimum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts