Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any general info on the gm performance cams for the redline...such as hp gains, idle type, etc. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts

colors, cams, date that it was done. street numbers, not OMG dyno numbers.
red - gmr - 7/5/08
green - 272 - 2/10/08
blue - stock - 10/27/07

red was 11.6 afr. 20 degree's of timing
green was 12.0 afr 24 degree's.
blue was 12.4 25 degree's of timing.

im aware of the torque differences. there is a reason behind it. timing has a part of it, but the bigger part of it is compression ratio.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
werent most ppl that installed them having idle issues? i thought only a couple people got cams to work properly so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o so there are some idle issues? Which if any cam would you guys recommend and if you recommend one could you also provide a link...thanks

·
I'm bi-winning
900 Posts
There are no good cams for the RL right now. I know two companies who are working on some.
Sweet! now we ll have some cams that ll work!

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Ya it was done on a 2.3 motor. just because its a 2.3 motor doesn't mean its not a 2.0 head on the car. When dsmers build a 2.3 motor they take a rods and crank out of a 2.4 motor and some how it makes a 2.3. Thats all I know about those 2.3's.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
it has to do with stroke and bore. more stroke and bore means more displacement. lol

Just because it's a 2.3ltr, doesn't mean that the cams won't work on a regular lsj. They'll still work.

I'm working on some too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts