Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2006 Ion Redline
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what pins on camshaft position sensor are what? I am getting P0300, P0340, P0341 with a lot of misfires at idle but none when revved and held above idle. Plug was damaged by shop back when car was brand new and I was scared to do the clutch and flywheel, quickly gave up on mechanics and been doing all the work correctly myself but now stumped on this issue 馃 I thought I had a repair manual that might have the info but cant find it :( I replaced the sensor and soldered new plug on.

Super Moderator
I wish I could help.
Have you tried looking on cobalt ss net?

Registered
2006 Ion Redline
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking everywhere. I actually just registered there and posted a few minutes ago. Thank you :)
I wish I had the service manual for this car, but only have the repair manual which was no help.

Registered
2006 Ion Redline
Discussion Starter #5
Found what I was looking for at AllData, incase anyone else needs to trace the wires to the middle PCM connector.
Been a while since I worked on this car, or drove it lol, old gas might not be conducive for power 馃

Super Moderator
Thank you for coming back to share your finding!

Reactions: Tigerslovecheetos

Registered
Can someone please verify the voltage for the 3 wires to the Camshaft Position Sensor plug? I'm trying to diagnose a "P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit" code. I've tried 2 sensors, so I'm assuming it may be a wiring issue. With the key at ignition on, I currently have a good ground on the - wire, 3.1v on the 0 wire, and 4.9v on the +wire.
Is this correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts