Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter in from Saturn saying there is a recall on the camshaft position sensor seal. And they have a newly designed seal that they are going to put in. So just letting everyone know its a recall now.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
what year and if 04 what is your cars birth day because i can not find anything on this so far

·
Registered
138 Posts
just take your redline to the dealership...i just brought mine in this morning to get the airbag fixed and my speaker fixed along with the ecu update and they said there is a recall for our cars and they would go ahead and take care of it today... hopefully i can see a bit of improvement tonight after all this is done

·
Registered
808 Posts
navymitch12 said:
what year and if 04 what is your cars birth day because i can not find anything on this so far
it should be on yous to navy i just did mine. call the saturn folks give them your last 8 of vin and they will let you know

·
Registered
808 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
Does it affect 2005 models?
yes it does call your dealer with vin and he will tell you for sure. or give me last 6 and i can tell you.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
john i am gonna call today but i figured i would let u know so u could check also, just incase they dick me around

203311, dam should i have that memorized already

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Got a letter in the mail today recalling the car for the cam position sensor seal. It says that the seal may fail prematurely and cause and engine oil leak that may cause engine damage. THe letter states that it is for the 2004 and 2005 Red Lines. It gives no VIN # break, just says all vehicles equipped with the supercharged 2.0L 4-Cylinder engines (LSJ).

Second to the last paragraph reads:
"If you have had previous repairs for the camshaft position sensor housing seal, it will still be necessary to have this program performed on your vehicle"

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the came out with a newly designed seal it says also.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just found out about that today when I took my car in again. Having a Saturn Tech coming in from spring hill to take a look at my car. Since I still have a starting problem. They are also doing the the recall since its already there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I just had mine done and it is only two weeks old saturn wants the last 8 digits of your vin number to see if you qualify.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Got a letter in the mail today recalling the car for the cam position sensor seal. It says that the seal may fail prematurely and cause and engine oil leak that may cause engine damage. THe letter states that it is for the 2004 and 2005 Red Lines. It gives no VIN # break, just says all vehicles equipped with the supercharged 2.0L 4-Cylinder engines (LSJ).

Second to the last paragraph reads:
"If you have had previous repairs for the camshaft position sensor housing seal, it will still be necessary to have this program performed on your vehicle"
Yeah, I got mine fixed a month ago, but I'll take it back up there. Is the program the ECU update?

·
Registered
808 Posts
navymitch12 said:
john i am gonna call today but i figured i would let u know so u could check also, just incase they dick me around

203311, dam should i have that memorized already
ya its on yours, but they wont give you any trouble. they might not have the parts yet though we only received 2 in the first shipment.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I actually had taken my car up there for some other reason and I got it back and they had done it. They didn't tell me but I noticed it on my receipt. HOWEVER NOW MY CAR DOESN"T LIKE TO START. AHHHH I'm getting a little annoyed. Now if I like go to start it it takes 2 or three times to try. It never turns over. I am takin it there again tomorrow to have them look at it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
D3XXFR said:
I actually had taken my car up there for some other reason and I got it back and they had done it. They didn't tell me but I noticed it on my receipt. HOWEVER NOW MY CAR DOESN"T LIKE TO START. AHHHH I'm getting a little annoyed. Now if I like go to start it it takes 2 or three times to try. It never turns over. I am takin it there again tomorrow to have them look at it.

Thats a bummer I had mine done tonite and I found drops of oil under the car when I got it home.I just hope it is the oil that spilled from the sensor coming out and was left on the engine and not leaking.I would be really upset if this was done wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I didnt get a letter but I did get it done already. While i was in for the reprogram they did that and the replaced the sensor becuase they are so nice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got the letter today. I think I might give them a call and see if it can get done tomorrow. I am going to ask about the update also.

·
I
7,838 Posts
I called today as well, i am getting it done Wednesday of next week. No big rush since it is parked anyway. They also said they would do the ECU upgrade as well, but they said that it doesn't come from a disk that they get it from the internet. Does this sound right?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
all4glh said:
I called today as well, i am getting it done Wednesday of next week. No big rush since it is parked anyway. They also said they would do the ECU upgrade as well, but they said that it doesn't come from a disk that they get it from the internet. Does this sound right?
It seems like the standard is to ship the discs to the dealerships, but there is no reason they shouldn't be able to download it from the corporate network. Unless they simply don't do it that way. It's really up to them, and their IT people as to how they distribute a software release like that. It makes far more sense to have it available for download. I'm not sure if they NEED it in CD-ROM form, they may have a dedicated computer or something that requires the CD, and they use that device to do the updates. I know someone around here said they downloaded it for them, but perhaps they have a CD-burner laying around, either a business machine or a personal machine at the dealership. I wouldn't be suprised to find that a lot of dealerships don't have CD-burners in their computers, or have any idea how to download/transfer it over the network, burn it on CD, and install it from there. Or, maybe they either don't know or don't want to do it that way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 34 Posts