Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one siting on my bench from last year with the regal and south florida pully hq seams to think that I can run this on my car with a cai and premium, who thinks this is true

thanks,
Brett

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ummm... I don't even know how to answer it. Some say yes, some say no. The one thing that I would point out though, is the computer is limiting the boost right now, and without defeating that limiter. You won't make more boost, just sooner. What size is our pulley now? I forget already...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think It is 3.4 or 3.5 inch evean if you just made your boost faster you would benifit in the quarter mile is there any body with a boost guage that can verafi that boost is limited by the pcm becaus I don't know how they can limit the boost with some sort of a blow off

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There no question that it's limited at 12 stock. It has an internal bypass that opens. Few people do have gauges and can verify this. I'm installing mine this afternoon and can personally verify it later. It actually is spining faster than 12psi at Redline, it bleeds off the boost to keep it there. Somewhere around 6k it opens... maybe a little earlier...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the eaton m90 has this bypas also I can verify it as I have had the supercharger off several times and from what I have seen on eatons websight the m60 has the same valve but it is not to bleed off boost in high rpm it is ment so you don't have continuis boost at idel it just recurculates I would think It was set up the same way.

brett

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
1quick98_gs said:
the eaton m90 has this bypas also I can verify it as I have had the supercharger off several times and from what I have seen on eatons websight the m60 has the same valve but it is not to bleed off boost in high rpm it is ment so you don't have continuis boost at idel it just recurculates I would think It was set up the same way.

brett
try it out and let us know the results. I had read basically the same thing that the bleed valve is to help with gas mileage. Give it a go! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Our stock supercharger pulley is 3.4" and the only reason that I know that is because I had a 3.4" pulley that I was going to put on my previous car ('98 Buick Regal GS) and I got rid of it before I had the chance to put it on. So, one day I went and compared the 3.4" pulley with the redline's pulley and they were the exact same size. As far as going to a 3.25" pulley, I don't see why we really couldn't because if you look at pfyc.com under the Regal or Grand Prix sections, they ONLY suggest adding cooling elements to your car and say nothing about a different PCM. Now, I understand that these cars and superchargers are different from ours, but wouldn't the same ideas be used on both cars, meaning that wouldn't their computers only allow so much boost? I'm not the smartest car guy around but hopefully this kinda adds to the topic a little! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts