Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes. One: Why the hell are you guys getting so worked up over a guy in a Suburu?? WRXdriva: This is for you...I'd like to apologize for my fellow RL drivas. I guess they tend to get fired-up a little easy sometimes. However, in their defense, you did spit some awfully sarcastic dialouge about our cars. You need to tread lightly when you drive a WRX and start dissing RLs and the forum's name is Redline Forums...just a thought :D SpOOner, this bud's for you: You need to lighten the hell up! Just because some guy comes up here like king swaggercock and starts trashin RLs does not mean you have to go all Jihad on his ass!!! You start ramblin'...kinda makes us look bad. You drive a RL, so you're my kin, so take this with a grain of salt. I love ya man ;) My take on all of this is that the stock WRX at a stated 227hp may very well put out wheel hp very close to our RLs. Given the WRX will launch better due to AWD, I think it's quite possible to hold your own when matched with a WRX. My biggest gripe is why is this guy is dissin a RL, when his car cost at least 4 maybe 5 grand more than a RL, and we likely have almost identical output hitting the road? Now, given...imports have a far better perception of quality...especially since GM is still responsible for the simply miserable shitvette, oh, I'm sorry did I say that outloud, I meant chevette...really :rolleyes: Bottom line: The domestics have now proven that they won't rollover and play dead when it comes to these budget rice rockets from abroad! Personaly, WRXdriva...shell out the extra 5 Gs and step up to the STi, I worship that car! Only the 04' and later though...ya little 03' WRX wit da bug eyed, lookin' like a neon headlights never did the car justice! So, in the future, let's not go to a forum and start bashin' the car the damn thing was named after...that's just bad taste, man! Also, my fellow RL brethren, give the guy a little respect if he fairly dusted a RL, worry not, he'll get his! So folks, keep it real...and for god's sake let's try and keep it civil...especially you two. Love ya :p Peas and chicken grease, I'm outty 5000!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
civil nothing sp00ner is by far the most outspoken on here lately and all of his data is backed up and well researched. as for all the wrx trolls all of a sudden its not worth thier time. I will race any of them. as long as its a fair race. Now im not going to run down a wrx with a stage 3 turbo, front mount, full exhaust and the such but a stocker im gonna own you. Keep it real a sti only has they same wheel hp as we do at the crank if they can use it great. But a bad driver once again will get schooled by a saturn.

·
Registered
98 Posts
PocketViper said:
WRX stock puts out about 168hp and 173ft-lbs of torqe. You have to remember AWD losses way more drivtrain HP because it has to power 4 wheels. Check out the numbers here:http://www.turboxs.com/turboxs_2002_wrx_stage_1_hp_vs.htm
Just a note:
*note: our stock readings were done with airbox resonator removed and a TurboXS muffler installed so actual hp may be less

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
cyrix said:
Ok, here goes. One: Why the hell are you guys getting so worked up over a guy in a Suburu?? WRXdriva: This is for you...I'd like to apologize for my fellow RL drivas. I guess they tend to get fired-up a little easy sometimes. However, in their defense, you did spit some awfully sarcastic dialouge about our cars. You need to tread lightly when you drive a WRX and start dissing RLs and the forum's name is Redline Forums...just a thought :D SpOOner, this bud's for you: You need to lighten the hell up! Just because some guy comes up here like king swaggercock and starts trashin RLs does not mean you have to go all Jihad on his ass!!! You start ramblin'...kinda makes us look bad. You drive a RL, so you're my kin, so take this with a grain of salt. I love ya man ;) My take on all of this is that the stock WRX at a stated 227hp may very well put out wheel hp very close to our RLs. Given the WRX will launch better due to AWD, I think it's quite possible to hold your own when matched with a WRX. My biggest gripe is why is this guy is dissin a RL, when his car cost at least 4 maybe 5 grand more than a RL, and we likely have almost identical output hitting the road? Now, given...imports have a far better perception of quality...especially since GM is still responsible for the simply miserable shitvette, oh, I'm sorry did I say that outloud, I meant chevette...really :rolleyes: Bottom line: The domestics have now proven that they won't rollover and play dead when it comes to these budget rice rockets from abroad! Personaly, WRXdriva...shell out the extra 5 Gs and step up to the STi, I worship that car! Only the 04' and later though...ya little 03' WRX wit da bug eyed, lookin' like a neon headlights never did the car justice! So, in the future, let's not go to a forum and start bashin' the car the damn thing was named after...that's just bad taste, man! Also, my fellow RL brethren, give the guy a little respect if he fairly dusted a RL, worry not, he'll get his! So folks, keep it real...and for god's sake let's try and keep it civil...especially you two. Love ya :p Peas and chicken grease, I'm outty 5000!

Look, it's real simple... someone comes in to troll, and we insult the hell outta them. They post it in the kill section, and it's basically free-reign. What do I care? How do I make people look bad? I can pull up about 10,000 posts of people saying 'Hey, screw you pall, I'll f*** you right in you a** while your mother is watching!' Do I rant? Yes! Do I hate those trolling morons? Yes! Am I going to stop insulting them, and then talking about pizza? Nope...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Me, neither...actually, "Me Neither" is a really funny country song by Brad Paisley. I'll be back later with more useless trivia and troll attacks.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
These guys came on a "Redline forum" and started talking smack.

What do you expect? This is OUR house. If someone came into your house disrespecting you, I sure as hell hope you wouldn't just take it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I'm trying to say is that this punk comes in here...he obviously has nothing better to do than to weasel into other forums, start talkin shit about everyone's rides. My only thing is that this guy, while a dickhead, is entiltled to his opinion even if it happens to be wrong or just outright suck. What the little boy wants to get is a rise out of us, and SpOOner...that's exactly what you're giving him. That's my "beef", so to speak. Regardless, I have noticed the guys not been around a whole lot...guess the "pizza strategy" worked!! :p

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
cyrix said:
All I'm trying to say is that this punk comes in here...he obviously has nothing better to do than to weasel into other forums, start talkin shit about everyone's rides. My only thing is that this guy, while a dickhead, is entiltled to his opinion even if it happens to be wrong or just outright suck. What the little boy wants to get is a rise out of us, and SpOOner...that's exactly what you're giving him. That's my "beef", so to speak. Regardless, I have noticed the guys not been around a whole lot...guess the "pizza strategy" worked!! :p
Well man, some days it's worth it. I have alot of pent up anger at work some days, and these tools bring it out. I'm also the one who switched the topic to pizza before it became the typical 12 page thread. So give us some credit for dropping it to the pizza joke! Two weeks ago, that would have went on for 3 weeks... we know it useless, but at times it's a good venting source, and I don't doubt that some people use this forum, and those particular situations, to vent a weeks worth of work and stress related insults at people who can't fire you from your job!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Expressing one's opinion is fine. It's the manner in which that opinion is expressed that draws the line.

If they come on here and say, "Well, I've raced a redline and beat it." Cool. Whatever.

But this, "Your cars are slow plastic pieces of shit and will NEVER be as quick as XXXXX car. Why don't you just give up and sell that pile of plastic before you embarass yourself any more."

That's just being a jackass.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
First off all, anyone that goes out looking to post kill stories on the forum of the car that they just killed, is asking for trouble. When the one of us post a story about getting beat, which I know isn't often, thats one thing. I don't head over to the Civic forums to post kills about Civics. They would do nothing but insult and scream at me. So if you're posting in someone else's forum, about whuppin on their car, you're asking to fight anyway...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SpOOner, you said it, man. This guy is just askin' for it when he starts trashing our "tupperware". The thing is that all this clown probably wants is for us to stir up the hornet's nest and get us all steamin'. We just should'nt give the pud the satisfaction. We know better. If he got luck with some guy that can drive a RL, then of course he'll think we're slow...just wait till he meets someone who can drive. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sp00ner said:
First off all, anyone that goes out looking to post kill stories on the forum of the car that they just killed, is asking for trouble. When the one of us post a story about getting beat, which I know isn't often, thats one thing. I don't head over to the Civic forums to post kills about Civics. They would do nothing but insult and scream at me. So if you're posting in someone else's forum, about whuppin on their car, you're asking to fight anyway...

.....And..."we're not gonna take it!, No! we're not gonna take it, anymore!!"

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
We've got the right to choose it!

There's ain't no way we'll lose it!

It don't mean nothin! (Not a thing to meeeeeeee)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts