Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much thought and consideration, i have come to the conclusion I simply cannot afford a redline atm. But god damn it I WANT this car.

My question is this: What are my options really? Should i just buy a somwwhat cheaper (non redline) performance car and get the redline in a few years when i can actual afford it , or would it be possible to mod an ion 2 or 3 to redline performance. OR would it just be a waste of time, money, and effort.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Simply put, I got my RL for the price of a regular Ion. So in all seriousness, buying a regular Ion and trying to make it as fast as the RL is waste of $$$. If you really want one just try and save up for it...

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
how mauch are you trying to spend 20 a month or something. If you do the math its a pretty cheap car 17 after all the rebates. and if you have a few extras like you can haggle well then you can easily get out for less than 16.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i only make 9 bucks an hour and my hours rang from 32-40 a week. I checked out what it would cost for me to finance 17k and it comes out to monthly payments of 310. i really need payments closer to 250. I know its only 50 bucksm but it makes a large difference when your in my tax bracket.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Put a larger downpayment.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you aren't making much money than you have no business buying an expensive car. Financially, you will regret it if you do. Buy a Kia until you have more money if you have to have a car. Or buy a beater. I did all through college, and now I'm liking my financial situation because I didn't splurge when I couldn't afford to. . . If I could pick a cheap tuner car though, I kind of enjoyed the spec V for around 16.5 I saw listed on carmaxx. . . But then again, a redline with no options will be that after rebates. . .

·
Registered
138 Posts
me to

dood i make 9 bucks an hour and i just bought me a perrdy blue redline. i put 500 down and i pay 310 a month just learn how to save a lil more. dont buy so much weed and cigs and ull be fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehe. No weed or cigs here ;). After bills and everything (including the redline) id have about $100 free at the end of the month. Figure if I save a bit more, and put a around 2k down, make it a lil easier on meh.
A couple good rebates wouldnt hurt either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts