Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I recieved my ZZP S3 Heat Exchanger and Dual-Pass Intercooler Kit. Haven't had time to put in on yet, still have to drive several miles a day and don't wanna have to rush a job where I have to take the whole intake manifold off. I will definitely update with some pics of before and after and do some IAT2 logging as well.

As for now, I get to stare at these for 2 more weeks; but after it should be time to drop to 2.9" pulley and tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Very nice. It isn't that bad of an install, but I rushed mine and got a pinhole in one hose, and didn't tighten another down enough. So I recommend taking your time.

My s3 heat exchanger is still in the trunk of my car. haha. I just did option b and dual pass for now.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Do it yourselfer

I agree... ya got to have a cup of coffee, relax

and enjoy what your doing..

if so, it's a piece of cake in the end

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The optionB and dual pass is easy. I spent 4 hours tryin to get the hoses off the he. They are glued on from stock and the clamps were bonded to the hose so if you don't have the special pliers it's a pita to clamp and pull at the same time. Had to split them to get em off then cut the clamps off if you want to reuse anything. Think it took me 6 hours for everything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The optionB and dual pass is easy. I spent 4 hours tryin to get the hoses off the he. They are glued on from stock and the clamps were bonded to the hose so if you don't have the special pliers it's a pita to clamp and pull at the same time. Had to split them to get em off then cut the clamps off if you want to reuse anything. Think it took me 6 hours for everything.
Yeah when I replaced my intercooler pump I had to deal with those clamps, they are ridiculous, ending up needing to cut a little off the hose because I pierced the heater hose and I had just enough length to snug it down afterwards. Will be fun doing the dual pass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts