Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is at Saturn right now getting 2 things fixed...

My dome light is out. The 2 lights near the sunroof control. Both lights are out.

Trunk scratching my rear bumper.

My car has been there for 3 days now and still no word. I've tried calling and getting a update but could not reach the service guy that is taking care of my case. 3 days and 5 messages and no word.

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation and to tell you if they could fix the trunk issue (probably not, design flaw) .

When is there going to be a recall on the things wrong with this car? It seems like it like every ION quad coupe has the trunk scratching issue. CAM sensor? cold start problems? 2nd gear hesitation? jesus that is too many to name off the top of my head.

B

·
0 Posts
I will give my dealership one more chance (this will make 7 times) to fix my car. If I am not 100% satisfied, then I will ask to talk to a district manager. No matter what, I think I will start taking my car to the dealership in Lansing instead of Flint. They are rude. Shit, I should talk to a DM anyway.

·
Registered
524 Posts
dL_RL said:
My car is at Saturn right now getting 2 things fixed...

My dome light is out. The 2 lights near the sunroof control. Both lights are out.

Trunk scratching my rear bumper.

My car has been there for 3 days now and still no word. I've tried calling and getting a update but could not reach the service guy that is taking care of my case. 3 days and 5 messages and no word.

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation and to tell you if they could fix the trunk issue (probably not, design flaw) .

When is there going to be a recall on the things wrong with this car? It seems like it like every ION quad coupe has the trunk scratching issue. CAM sensor? cold start problems? 2nd gear hesitation? jesus that is too many to name off the top of my head.
Contact the Service Mgr if your service advisor is ignoring you. I once got so ticked off I got a ride to the Saturn dealer and called on my cell phone. They said my service advisor wasn't in. Told them oh really, that's weird because I'm staring right at him, "click". Talk about excuses once you go confront him, and talk about how fast your car gets done when you show up...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i feel the pain, my car has been there over a week, and they still haven't called with an update or anything, they gave me their rental until this past tuesday, i'll have racked up over 500miles on an '05 that's going on the lot by the time i get mine back

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vita said:
i feel the pain, my car has been there over a week, and they still haven't called with an update or anything, they gave me their rental until this past tuesday, i'll have racked up over 500miles on an '05 that's going on the lot by the time i get mine back
atleast they gave you a rental! They refuse to give me a rental, I argued with them for 20 minutes about a rental but they refused to give me one.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, they said " Saturn does not give rentals " but obviously they do because you guys get rentals.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
dL_RL said:
atleast they gave you a rental! They refuse to give me a rental, I argued with them for 20 minutes about a rental but they refused to give me one.
yeah, i didn't pay extra, they just said here, take this car until we're done, brand spankin' new too! there fault for not looking into it, they've always been good to my fiance and me though, just a good dealer

·
Registered
556 Posts
dL_RL said:
Oh yeah, they said " Saturn does not give rentals " but obviously they do because you guys get rentals.
I got the 6 year - 75,000 mile extended warranty which adds rentals to your car at no charge.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much more is the 6 year warranty? I didnt know that they wouldnt include a rental, I just assumed they would. When my girlfriend had her Acura RSX detailed they gave her a Acura MDX rental for the day. I just automatically assumed " hey they would " But I guess they arent obligated.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer just called, i'm getting my car back today. Lets see what kind of job they did... I will keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My rear bumper was repainted, bumper and trunk was not re-aligned. It will scratch agian.

·
Registered
683 Posts
That trunk thing is really friggen annoying, I have to take mine and my wifes in about once a month, and her door sills are rubbing also (body-kit).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts