Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 comp car. been sitting for quite few months. just got it on the road today.. put new plugs in it before it sat for a while. was driving today and the car seems to struggle under load around 2,000-3,000 RPM. could it be the fact I put regular 81 octane in it when it requires 93 octane. first time LSJ owner. I have been told to run 93 only.

also could a weak fuel pump be the culprit. I planned on a fuel pump and filter and new plugs again. I just am not sure if it is a more complicated issue. thank you for helping ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
1,762 Posts
yes, 81 will cause a lot of issues. the car comes from the factory requiring 91/93 octane.
Id start with draining that 81 and putting 93 in it before spending money on a pump. Filter on the other hand is cheap and good to do anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, 81 will cause a lot of issues. the car comes from the factory requiring 91/93 octane.
Id start with draining that 81 and putting 93 in it before spending money on a pump. Filter on the other hand is cheap and good to do anyway.

thank you. I filled it up last night with 93 and after running it through the lines. it ran 100 times better. no more pitting no more fuel cutting while under load.

·
Super Moderator
1,762 Posts
awesome! Im glad that worked. I know 93 is expensive, but still cheaper than an engine and being down your car.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
good discussion - I went to the pump a few days ago and was $5.70 per gallon for 93 super octane

I expressed this to the gas station technician and he says fill the tank instead with the less octane and then add some octane booster

- this will save money

Any one add booster to you car - any thoughts about this ?

·
Super Moderator
1,762 Posts
On a performance based car, I would not take that chance. Unless maybe you knew the engine was about to blow.

Reactions: MiggyG96
1 - 7 of 7 Posts