Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving fast or racing when I casually drive my car wants to go fast like when I switch to second gear it acts as if I'm going to slow and starts jumping a bit so I have to put a lot more gas to ride smoothly. Usually if I don't race before it's fine but after racing it's like my car still wants to keep going fast. Anyone experience the same thing or know what is causing this.

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Fueling could be an issue. Any codes? Check pressure?

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Fuel pressure. Sorry i worded that wrong

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Sounds good. Quick way is to hit tge valve in the rail to see if gas shoots out

Reactions: Mike94SL2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good. Quick way is to hit tge valve in the rail to see if gas shoots out
Fuel pressure is good I'm on a full tank haven't went fast or anything yet tho I'll let you know if it happens again I'll make sure to be full tank aswell.

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Could also try to clean your throttle body. Just don't move the butterfly flap in it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also, check to see if your intercooler pump is running. The PCM is assuming that the intake temp is lower than the MAF says it is. It will buck occasionally if the intercooler isn't pulling heat from the intake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After driving fast or racing when I casually drive my car wants to go fast like when I switch to second gear it acts as if I'm going to slow and starts jumping a bit so I have to put a lot more gas to ride smoothly. Usually if I don't race before it's fine but after racing it's like my car still wants to keep going fast. Anyone experience the same thing or know what is causing this.
Very late update not sure if this is how to update these but after filling of the gas it hasn't happened since maybe I was lower than I thought not sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts