Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here i am again, needing the assistance of the RL veterans...

i start up my car today and boom, gauge wasn't working, it was stuck at 0psi like it was disconnected. it worked fine two days ago and now it doesn't work. and then i fiddled with the tube on the back and it would move my boost gauge pin around (mechanical gauge btw) but at first it wouldn't go past -10psi, now it won't go past 0psi.. and my exhaust has some what look like water droplets coming out of it, idk if that has anything to do with it. give me as many troubleshooting ideas as you can because i'm a boost rookie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
turns out my boost gauge is a pile of shit. time to trash the glowshit and get a real gauge

·
Registered
929 Posts
Water droplets aren't a concern after first startup (condensation). It'd be concerning if it were constant after the car warmed up.

Get with a friend who has HPTuners and log the actual MAP reading to see what the car is doing. Another cheaper option is the Torque app and a Bluetooth OBDII dongle. ($35-ish).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recommend the autometer phantom 2 and an aero force scan gauge ..both are excellent gauges and can be found on zzp's website along with the replacement a pillar with gauge pods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts