Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I was having the intermittent starting problem and getting the service vehicle message so last night I changed the ignition switch and did the pass lock thing and the service vehicle message went away as well as the pass lock light. Car has full power still but will not crank at all.

Last week it didn't start on my two different times and then I went a week without it doing this. On Weds this week the car would not start had to push start it. Thurs morn still wouldnt start, fri morning still wouldn't start. Can't get the car to crank at all now.

Please help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
As basic as the relearn process is i'd take another attempted at it. Took me a few times before it started for me when I replaced mine.

Other then that, are you sure the starter and battery are good? When my starter went out recently I had to hold the key in the ignition a while before it would finally turn over. Like 5-10 seconds before it would start and went from perfect to 20 seconds/never in a week.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
I've seen ignition switches, starters and bad grounds on these cars. Be absolutely sure you have a good ground.

My original ground cable has been relocated and looks to be intact, but it recently failed. 20 minutes of actual diagnostic on my part would have saved me a new battery and ignition switch and only cost me $15 at NAPA for a ground cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I figured it out. The clutch switch was loose so the clutch wasn't engaging. Tightened that up and she fired right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts