Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally got around to putting the pic up.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
navymitch12 said:
you are gonna have to tell me how to do that asap i like that look alot
you remove the badges the one on the hood presses out the side one have a nut on the back 10mm.( pull the fender liner loose then you can get in to unscrew the nut) the hood emblem comes apart easy just seperate the red from the chrome. the side emblems have to be helped out, on the back you will see 4 melted tabs holding it together, chip 2 of the tabs off on the same end and seperate the red and chrome. cover the red part with the paint or vinyl color of youre choice.(i used carbon fiber sheet, you will have to look around for it check youre vinyl shops or hot rod shops.) then reassemble the parts using a tiny drop of super glue on the 2 spots you chipped out to hold them together. finally reinstall, ( takes a breath, lol)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thats cool John... will have to do that...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats looks very good. I was thinking of doing the same thing but I dont want the fake stuff.

Is that real carbon fiber?

I didn't think u could get carbin fiber in just a sheet. thats pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
thats very very nice looking. I have silver now I was tempted to make them chrome on chrome.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jerm said:
Thats looks very good. I was thinking of doing the same thing but I dont want the fake stuff.

Is that real carbon fiber?

I didn't think u could get carbin fiber in just a sheet. thats pretty sweet.
yes it is real comes in a really stiff sheet.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Holy shit, that's AWESOME!!! Totally blows my painted black ones away.

I'm definitely doing that in the near future.

Where did you find the carbon fiber sheets at??

·
Registered
681 Posts
So what about that big honkin badge on the hood? Does it just press on? I looked at it, and it has two locating studs, but no bolts....I'd like to do the same thing with that one, plus the sides.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JPK said:
Holy shit, that's AWESOME!!! Totally blows my painted black ones away.

I'm definitely doing that in the near future.

Where did you find the carbon fiber sheets at??
got it at team rush in houston it cost $58.00 a sheet its about 12 x 18 inches or so and has sticker on the back,

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim Lewis said:
So what about that big honkin badge on the hood? Does it just press on? I looked at it, and it has two locating studs, but no bolts....I'd like to do the same thing with that one, plus the sides.
ya jim the one on the hood presses on. I used 2 tiny drops of super glue to reinstall just so it wouldnt come loose.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cool, I'll get that done this weekend. Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just ordered a 9.7" x 24" sheet of adhesive-backed .02 thick carbon fiber from www.machv.com. I also ordered three stickers for my car and my son's cars that go on your mirror and say "objects in mirror appear to be losing"....

Priceless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts