Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2007 Saturn Ion Redline, magnaflow catback and coilovers
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with this specific trunk? Is KS a good brand?

Premium Member
That looks like a nice piece - I wish I knew of that option when I replaced my trunk for the IRL

Is that also for the IRL

Registered
2007 Saturn Ion Redline, magnaflow catback and coilovers
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a nice piece - I wish I knew of that option when I replaced my trunk for the IRL

Is that also for the IRL
I would think the coupe and redline have the same trunk - so I assume it fits any redline. Not sure why it's limited to 2003-2005. Body never changed.

Super Moderator
Coupe and redline are identical.
Ive also heard you can swap skins from a sedan/coupe but the hinges or something is different. Ive never verified that though

Premium Member
I had a good trunk with a low spider wing. But I wanted the high rise wing so I purchased a new trunk from a "junk yard" online.

I received it and the packing almost ruined it. Sharp staples placed on the box to protect (from the shipper) did the opposite.
When i took out the trunk, it scraped the staples on the end - i guess that was the face plate or skin,

I also noticed the trunk was a slightly different color so fortunately I took the skin from the old trunk and changed it to the new trunk.
Then added the aerowing .

The most unexpected problem I encountered was when I had to reinstall the trunk onto the brackets. Seems simple and it probably is with the right equipment.

For me without such equipment, It took a couple hours (multiple days) to align it properly. I remember that it looked like it was in an accident because one side was higher than the other. After many attempts, I finally got it to "sit" right.

Reactions: Dappersworth
1 - 6 of 6 Posts