Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one for all you 'honest' people out there!

What cars have you been smoked by, out run by, or just plain out suprised by in your cars? Not just Redlines! You guys with your SRTs or anything else, lets see the other side of the coin.

So far the only thing that I've raced and lost against is a Toyta Echo! Yup, that's right! It was wet out, and we both looked at each other, the highway on ramp that was less than a block ahead, back at each other. The light turned green, the girl in the Echo floors it, bringing both hamsters to full power, and left me spinning my tires for about 3 gears. It was hystarical to anyone watching us from behind. There I am, lookin all bad ass, getting smoked by an Echo.

Beat that!

·
Registered
674 Posts
The only other car I have lined up against is my dad's 04 GTO. Yes I was whooped, not by much but whooped none the less. He enjoyed beating me for once since last fall when I had my Typhoon he never had a chance. Other than that it has been so crummy here that the fast and fun cars are still hiberanting for the winter.

And yes, I'm secretly waiting and amassing parts to pound that unsuspecting GTO this summer ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
A friggen Semi. You know how long those damn things are, especially with 2 trailers. Tried to get past it on the on ramp but DAMN 1000tq . . .

On a serious note,
Sofar I ran 3 srt-4's. Beat one, pretty even with the other (lost by about .5 car up to 100) and got fucking anahilated by the third (It was my old one i sold do my buddy)
Oh and a ZO6 made me look like a fool . . . (Probibally a 55 year old lady driving, we were at a light and I am mildly accelerating, and look over, she smiles and ROMPS on it, I keep up for about 10 feet. then it was over . . . bitch :) )
And a Porshe GT4 . . .
And my fiends 99 SS (many mods)
And a 04' GSXR 1000 (Must have had less drag ;) )
I think that is it. Suprisingly it is extremely dificult to find anyone with a higher class car that is willing to race. Well i guess it is not that suprising, most of them are collecting social security.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I had an SVT turbo truck walk away from me on the innerstate awhile back. We got up to about 120 before he was about 2 car lengths ahead of me. He slowed down and still gave me a thumbs-up for running with him. I could see that he was surprised that a Saturn kept up as good as I did with him. Should have known he would beat me, but you gotta try, right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
U mean supercharged truck??? My losses..a 93-97 Trans am. I dont think it was stock. Before i had my cams. We were like dead even from a stop til like 40 mph and then he kept pulling with ease!!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'll race anyone so I have a quite a few losses. Here are a few I remember.

Porsche 911
Nissan 350 Z
That Infinity that looks like the Z
Trans Am WS6
Countless Camaros and Stangs
'04 Cobra
SRT-4
Acura Integra (had to be turbo'd)
Honda S2000

·
Registered
127 Posts
3 diferent DODGE RAMS all three were in low 12's to high 11's .......

I also played with a Noble, he was VERY quick but I don't think he would have had the top end, we had alittle fun not really racing, just accellerating from 30-70mph ... pretty quick car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Lost to a LS1 Z28. He put on about 3 car lengths on me when I shut down at 105 mph. Which I was impressed (knew I'd loose), because 3 car lengths is not a lot time wise at the track. Guy was a jerk, I gave him a thumbs up, he got all mad probably because he didn't smoke me. I told him to go f*ck off, and if he wants to make something of it he will be guarenteed loss this time.

SL600 V10 Benz. This sucker sounded good, guy didn't want to go to far. 50 to 90 mph, should have down shifted into second. Only had a half a car length. Guy was impressed, gave me a thumbs up. Asked if he could pull his other car out of his garage. I asked what and he said his Viper. I said only if I can get a ride in it. Nice guy...

Tom

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Ive only lost to a audi a4 4.2 wagon thing a majig :D What ever it is
(need for speed car) Man did he kill me i was goin 120 he was goin atleast 150
:eek:

Havent raced any super cars yet but u know ide lose :D (granny :eek: shifter in training)

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
E46 M3
2003 SRT-4 with Intake, Turbo-Back Exhaust, Boost Controller, WGA, Intercooler Pipes.
2004 SRT-4 with Waste Gate Mod and Lighter Rims.

·
Registered
17 Posts
97 Camaro SS
1st Gen Eclipse GS & 2nd Gen Eclipse GST(found out afterwards they both run 13s)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ok so I knew the Lotus was going to beat me, but I really just wanted to seee how fast he could go. And I knew there was a cop hiding up the road and the lotus guy was a dick. HA HA.

What else, a few corvettes, a saleen and a cobra. A couple fire chickens, and a gand prix. The grand prix really doesn't count though because it was from a rolling 80 mph and he was went up to estimated 130<mph. I'm not that stupid.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Got dusted by a pickup truck this past winter... was really embarassing... got to snap a photo of the truck, below.
:p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
thats funny jmichna lol

Well I really havent raced many other people. I did get blown away by malibu :/
I stalled on take off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So far iv'e been pulled by two my friends mid 12's sec. lightnings. They get me when i shift in 4th. But im usually pushin my car to run with these suckers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Got my first loss this weekend... Grand Prix GTP. Windows were tinted, couldnt tell if he wanted to race, and by the time i looked at the light, it turned and he was off. I caught back up to within a car length, but still aloss. I should've just gunned it from the light, but if he didnt want to run, i didnt want to look like an ass for taking off when he didnt want to race. He'll be able to brag til i find him again...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wins: Mits Eclipse GTS, 240sx turbo, 96 Stang GT, WRX (Not STi)....

Losses: 02 F-250 Powerchoke (Banks Power pack, 4.5 inch exhaust), Audi S4, Porsch 911 Carrera, Stang Cobra, C-5 vette, GMC Typhoon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts