Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a cat back on their car and done any dyno testing?

I am thinking about putting one on and just wondering if I can expect any gains and how much.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
Has anyone put a cat back on their car and done any dyno testing?

I am thinking about putting one on and just wondering if I can expect any gains and how much.
Some rumor, some fact, some... who knows...

2.5" seems to be the most 'tested' size for gaining power. Some mag, or company did some testing on 2.5" and 3" exhausts. Some people here have 3" and love it, some people here have a 2.5" and claim to have lost torque. So it's still in the air.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sp00ner said:
Some rumor, some fact, some... who knows...

2.5" seems to be the most 'tested' size for gaining power. Some mag, or company did some testing on 2.5" and 3" exhausts. Some people here have 3" and love it, some people here have a 2.5" and claim to have lost torque. So it's still in the air.

I am looking at doing a cat back system with local shop and they are going to do a 2.5 and a 3.0 and dyno test them both. I will let you know :) I also have a dyno pre exhaust, so hopefully we can get some hard numbers.

I was hoping someone here had some hard info, but it looks like I will be the first :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I think most people here just went a put a new exhaust on and used the always trusty, sometimes a little off, butt dyno.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'm sure any gain over size from stock (and elimination of the crimped o2 location) will provide power gains, but remember that if you plan to go big power, it'd be best to simply go 3 inch, especially with the stock headers providing the restriction they do, you don't have to worry about losing "backpressure"

i'm waiting for headers, then i'll do the whole setup at once

1 - 6 of 6 Posts