Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2004 Ion has a CD stuck in the player. It is the factory stereo. We keep getting the "ERR" message and it makes a whirring, clicking noise. Any ideas? The car just went over 20k miles? Does the stereo need to be replaced?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
have to have the CD deck swapped out it happened in my QC they will mail ur cd back.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
yup like head said.. common problem with those radios.. take it in they give you a new CD and mabey if the dealership likes you they might rip it apart and get the cd's for you but most likely they will have to send it in with the
CD in their and mail it back to you

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
give it a few days, mine popped out on their own

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
CuriousGeorge said:
give it a few days, mine popped out on their own

Do you have the five disk? If so I had that happen in mine once. I took the radio out, the top cover comes right off and you can get your cd out that way. Then just snap it back on, put the radio back in, and your good to go. There are no seals on it or anything, so you dont have to worry about that.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
no, i have the single disk, but enough mechanical know how to pull the cd player and open it w/o anyone noticing.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
that happened to my mom's 03' Ion, I just disconected the battery and when we turned the car back on it popped out on its own. You could try that. Its worth a shot, only down side, you lose your EQ settings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts