Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my car back from dealership today for my CEL being on as well as some other work,

CEL info P0442 small evap leak, Gas cap is tight, if reappears it will need fuel tank pressure sensor.

Cam position sensor housing (the regular recall)

here is the interesting entry on my service sheet, the tech said it was another recall...

Campaign # 05514 Fuel feed pipe assembly replacement

Sysstem software upgrade
Needs software upgrade
Updated PCM

(What? ... physical part campaign (seems...) and a software update? wha?

Then the trunk lid issue (need to rebook they needed more time ... they said a "spot paint" for the rebook, has anyone had this service, will just a "touch up" look good enough? or should i bitch for a full out repaint of the bumper?

And got an oil change, 104 canadian with tax.

They also recorded my mileage wrong when i went in ... any issue with that?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
Campaign # 05514 Fuel feed pipe assembly replacement
Huh?? This is the new thing I suppose... hmmm...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
clownhair said:
more info on the trunk scratching, mine is scratched to hell. There is a actual TSB for this?
Yea, they install rubber bumpers to stop the lid. Mine hasn't gotten any worse since I noticed it and now barely close the trunk. Mine musn't be as close as some people's.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Your dealer has it messed up

The fuel feed pipe campaign #04053 was actually the very first Redline campaign released on June 10 2004. It affected the 2004 Redlines with VINs from 4Z185538 thru to 4Z210265 ONLY. (Note I beblieve these VINS include regular IONS BUT they do not require the recall)
Most of these were done at plant or in dealer inventory and was one of the things that delayed the release of the RLs about a year ago

The #05514 (Feb 25th 2005) is the campaign for the reprogramming for the O2 Sensor diagnostic that was IDENTICAL to software released the "Cold Drivability" TSB #05-06-04-006 (Jan 13 2005). So if you have had at least ONE software update update, that is all that is available for the 2004 Redline
HTH
WopOnTour

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i just got done talking to my local dealer and they said that there is an obd update that was issued on feb 23 2005 is this the same as anyothers?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
pclear9061 said:
i just got done talking to my local dealer and they said that there is an obd update that was issued on feb 23 2005 is this the same as anyothers?
No they just got the date wrong- it was Feb 25 (see above post)
WOT

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
is this a different fix than any of the others?

·
Registered
425 Posts
clownhair said:
more info on the trunk scratching, mine is scratched to hell. There is a actual TSB for this?
Here is the TSB # for you

#05-08-62-001 (Apr 26, 2005)
Rear Fascia Paint/Finish Scratching or Scuffing (Install Rubber Bumpers) -
2003-2005 Saturn ION Vehicles

Condition:Customers may comment on scratch or scuff type marks on the top surface of the rear fascia directly below and in line with the decklid appliqué.

Cause:The scuffs may be caused by decklid "over-travel" during closing of the decklid. If the decklid is closed with excessive effort, the decklid appliqué may contact the fascia.

Correction:Install 3 rubber bumpers to the bottom side of the decklid appliqué.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
hey sorry *** i was just making a statement that the dealer told me so i was just making sure that it was false or true. my bad.

·
Registered
610 Posts
wolfie said:
Here is the TSB # for you

#05-08-62-001 (Apr 26, 2005)
Rear Fascia Paint/Finish Scratching or Scuffing (Install Rubber Bumpers) -
2003-2005 Saturn ION Vehicles...

Cause:The scuffs may be caused by decklid "over-travel" during closing of the decklid. If the decklid is closed with excessive effort, the decklid appliqué may contact the fascia...
Huh? Their diagnostic skills seem a little weak. Mine was scratched in only a few hundred miles and I never slam the trunk. The original bumper stops DO prevent the trunk from hitting the bumper. The problem is more likely the floppy attachment of the rear bumper fascia. Its much more likely that the flexing of the bumper cover when driving over rough roads allows it to contact the trunk lid. Check it yourself and you will see how floppy its mounted.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it is a combination of several thngs, one, bumpy roads, two a mis-mounted trunk (mine wasnt aligned right. i did it myself cuz my dealership is slow) three, the spoiler also pushes down at higher speeds, causing downforce on the trunklid (a-la, scratches.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts