Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
And if you use a tb spacer you risk putting excessive load though the 90 degree hose on the air box lid collapsing it onto the maf and pulling the maf out of the inlet tube. Hmmmm. Sounds like meth into IM itself is a better solution...
hrmmm ... looking at my setup with the typhoon I have more than enough play to put the spacer in with no stress on the plumbing ... do you mean on a stock setup? I've actually seen pics of the spacer installed using a typhoon and haven't seen/heard of any issues :worried:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
hrmmm ... looking at my setup with the typhoon I have more than enough play to put the spacer in with no stress on the plumbing ... do you mean on a stock setup? I've actually seen pics of the spacer installed using a typhoon and haven't seen/heard of any issues :worried:
Yes stock set up dont know about typhoon

·
Registered
669 Posts
60#ers just showed up, have the 2.7 pulley, I have to go pick up the harness and TB spacer tomorrow, now all I need is a lot of sunshine and no more winter!! *sigh* Oh well I should be able to get the rest of the meth kit installed but not activated by the end of the month. :mofo:

·
Registered
669 Posts
If they're coming from the US expect delays ... my tb spacer and harness shipped dec 18th and I just got the door knocker today to pick them up tomorrow. Which clutch did you go with?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just ordered my S3 and Option B kit :D yay for overtime ... and yay for just about done with cooling mods :bananahum

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just in case anyone else is wondering about this (and is running a typhoon), the only thing I had to do was remove the screw that holds the slotted stabilizer on the typhoon so I had enough play to put the tb spacer in. After I looked at it I could easily have used a die grinder to lengthen the slot long enough to put the screw back in however ... it's not moving at all lol

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hmm. I left mine in, no prob. Also my 90* elbow points straight down so the line is outta site for extra stealthiness.
lol ... when I ran the line I basically traced the loop of line with the least resistance and the way it came through the crash bar it was almost exactly where I had the valve pointed. That link for me on the CAI was off by about 1/16 of an inch so I could have 'massaged' it in but it's solid enough in there. I might try to punch it down again when I do the rest of the cooling mods and have the front end off, I wanted to clean my filter anyway.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just wanted to keep my meth undercover cause SIR no likey non braided lines. Haven't failed a tech yet so I guess it's workin. On a side note I'm beginning to think my clutch is not coming so I might have to get a refund and buy elsewhere. When it comes to getting stuff off FS threads I have nothing but shit luck. Going on 3-0 so far :mofo:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I just wanted to keep my meth undercover cause SIR no likey non braided lines. Haven't failed a tech yet so I guess it's workin. On a side note I'm beginning to think my clutch is not coming so I might have to get a refund and buy elsewhere. When it comes to getting stuff off FS threads I have nothing but shit luck. Going on 3-0 so far :mofo:
I wonder if steel braid coverings done well would pass being tech'd :D never know ... on the clutch man that sucks. On RLF I've had good luck with FS threads but they were all custom made things (a-pillar gauge pod, strut tower bar etc). I went cheap on the shipping for my h/e and option b kit so I'm guessing I wont see it for a couple of weeks :silly:

·
Registered
669 Posts
URC connecters showed up today, now just a clutch and m-62 I'm missing.
URC connectors check, clutch check (did you already reorder this or is the original one still coming?), M-62? I think I need to go re-read your winter build lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
I swapped someone my ported m-62 for a stock one, it's not going back on the car just back in the closet. As of right now I don't know what's happening with my clutch cause I haven't heard back from the "seller" recently.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I swapped someone my ported m-62 for a stock one, it's not going back on the car just back in the closet. As of right now I don't know what's happening with my clutch cause I haven't heard back from the "seller" recently.
I'm headed out to Edmonton next week.... if you want, I can see whats up with it for you.

1041 - 1060 of 1099 Posts