1061 - 1080 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
H/E and option B kit are in :D *stoked*

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well I got a hold of Nathan and cross my fingers 10 more days and I might see this thing, hopefully. Think I might just get cracking on the KC and single pass install whilst I wait. Sigh.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well I got a hold of Nathan and cross my fingers 10 more days and I might see this thing, hopefully. Think I might just get cracking on the KC and single pass install whilst I wait. Sigh.
Travis, if i see you tonight i might have a gift... Free shipping ;)

Once i get back to fulltime trucking, i'll be going back and forth Winnipeg, Edmonton/Calgary so i could just stuck it in the truck with me.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ok I managed to fix some wiring and finish the meth install last night. Everything appears to be working properly or at least the led box appears to be working lol ... no proof that its actually spraying lol

Anyway stuff is slowly coming together :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just disconnect the line right at the nozzle and point it over the side of your car. Set the meth to start spraying at the lowest psi setting and rev the motor. you should see it shoot out of the hose. Don't burn your car down though.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just disconnect the line right at the nozzle and point it over the side of your car. Set the meth to start spraying at the lowest psi setting and rev the motor. you should see it shoot out of the hose. Don't burn your car down though.
That's what I was thinking and pretty much how I tested the pump. Id like to make sure the one way valve and the nozzle work together too but I really don't want to take the jet out if I don't have to lol ... the threads were a little iffy but it did snug ok. Meh ig it makes it to the valve ok ill assume there's nothing wrong with the nozzle/jet :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just an update ... I think it's working. From idle I was sitting at 109 deg F for my IAT 2 temps ... I dropped the 'On' for the meth to the lowest setting like you said but left everything connected ... I dropped form 109 to about 86 shortly after the happy little green light came on. I know it's chilly out (-2 to -5C right now) but uh ... highly doubt its ambient outside temps that would drop me that much lol ... for the sake of being anal I'll check again when I leave work and crank the meth so I know it wont come on and see what happens when I rev it up a bit :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm also going to Edmonton on the 27th.

Also when work starts up fulltime, ill be in Edmonton like every 2 days
well if you feel like getting together for a meet when your up in edmonton send me a pm im sure we can get some guys out

·
Registered
274 Posts
well if you feel like getting together for a meet when your up in edmonton send me a pm im sure we can get some guys out
thats sweet, i didn't go. Roomie took the bus home.. But i will be in Edmonton Feb 24th. As long as he doesn't change the plans.

·
Registered
669 Posts
*twitch* ... just poking in to see who's still around lol ... I managed to get a resonator put in and my exhaust hung better and extended \o/ ... now I'm hunting for seats which are almost impossible to find close. I have a friend at a dealership looking into how much the TC/SS seats are but I'm guessing it's going to be insane. Also noticed a lot of clutch slippage as soon as it got warm which I'm assuming I'm going to need to do something about soon along with suspension oy lol ... what's everyone else been up to??

·
Registered
694 Posts
Trying to work, down with pnuemonia right now, and waiting on parts for the meth lol. What clutch you thinking ? I'm thinking the gmpp, drove Travis's and that's too much clutch for me lol. And snagged a set of Darton sleeves ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Trying to work, down with pnuemonia right now, and waiting on parts for the meth lol. What clutch you thinking ? I'm thinking the gmpp, drove Travis's and that's too much clutch for me lol. And snagged a set of Darton sleeves ;)
Thats messed up man lol ... I had pneumonia around xmas and it beat my ass ... hopefully you feel better soon I remember wanting someone to put a pillow over my face and holding until I stopped struggling lol ... I'm thinking of doing the Ecotec LSJ Clutch Upgrade Kit 19212712 from crateenginedepot and possibly going with their Ecotec 2.0 LSJ Flywheel 2005-2007 12584343 ... I read a horror story that it's a 9 hour pro install so this could end up being over a grand by the time I'm done but watching my RPM go up and feeling no pull from the car at all and no real speed increase is starting to really piss me off lol. Also need to do breaks and check suspension ... I have some weird knocking going on sometimes when I slow down sometimes when I start to pull and when I was torquing on my lugs for the summer wheels I heard it too ... I need to get everything stable so I can just drive heh

... wait ... sleeves? What the hell are you putting IN to those sleeves? lol ... some days I miss being a machinist, all the things I could do to this machine ... but couldn't afford to do because I was a machinist LOL

·
Registered
694 Posts
After all the problems with my motor, just said F'it, and put a used motor in it. So I have a spare at home. So, considering my luck so far, figure I'll sleeve it, probably put some diamonds in them sleeves..... Build it up so it wont pop on me lol. Yup, that's the same clutch I've been looking at, just not sure if it "needs" to be done quite yet

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ya gmpp clutch is good choice. About a 6 hr job with right tools. I'm sidelined right now because I need a rear axle, turns out there a lot harder to find then I thought.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya gmpp clutch is good choice. About a 6 hr job with right tools. I'm sidelined right now because I need a rear axle, turns out there a lot harder to find then I thought.
Ok just for clarity this upgrade is the GMPP upgrade? or is there another one I couldn't find? lol ... also do you think I'll need the adjustable master cyl if I go with the upgrade? I'm thinking about grabbing the flywheel too.

And .... rear axle??? what happened?

·
Registered
669 Posts
ordered the upgrade and the flywheel ... hopefully I wont need the adjustable master cyl. Got quoted for about $800 to install ... I'd love to save the money but it's more of a job than I think I can take on my own lol

·
Registered
694 Posts
Where you getting it done ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Where you getting it done ?
Mr. Transmission ... I called 3 other places and no one would do the work because it's "not their product" and they're all too busy to not sell their own stuff :silly: I kind of get it but I was still a little pissed, but if everyone is that busy they can cherry pick what work they want to do. Mr Transmission is busy too but they were still willing to give me a quote on labor

1061 - 1080 of 1099 Posts