Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be changing my exhaust probably next week. I will be going with 2.5 inch pipe from the cat back and a straight through muffler. It should give it a nice deep tone and give a liitle more power. I will also be getting an AEM intake as soon as it comes out. AEM said it should be out in the next month and a half. I am looking foward to it coming out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
redline24 said:
I am going to be changing my exhaust probably next week. I will be going with 2.5 inch pipe from the cat back and a straight through muffler. It should give it a nice deep tone and give a liitle more power. I will also be getting an AEM intake as soon as it comes out. AEM said it should be out in the next month and a half. I am looking foward to it coming out.
you should go and get a dyno run before and after to see what kind of gains you get from the exhaust, then again when you get the intake, if you've got the $$$ to spend...

·
Registered
617 Posts
2.5" Mandrel? I can't find an exhaust shop around my area that does mandrel bends =( They say they don't have $70,000 to spend on a Mandrel Bender... pfffttt... what's $70 grand these days??? HAA

LET US KNOW asap if you feel any differance. That muffler under the Red Line is Big and FuGLy!!!!

If you are getting Mandrel Bends, I might be interested in picking a cat-back up from ya.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I go monday at 8:30 in the morning and I will see if they have a mandrel bender but on the redline exhaust its pretty much straight back except for the U bend and the bend over the axel. I will also be saying goodbye to the resonator.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Make sure you upload some sound clips.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Anyone who pays $70,000 for a mandrel bender is STUPID! I have seen them all over the place for $27K full CNC with large diameter hardware that would be perfect for exhaust bending.
The problem is that it takes a master operator to actually run one and not have massive material loss. It's very hard to set-up and keep working a mandrel bender.

The stock exhaust system is already 2.5" on a RedLine, but before that the exhaust opening of the manifold is only just over 2" so you can do all you want and that will still be the major limiting factor.
-Adam

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well then Adam, I guess you'd better get to work on designing a header for the Red Lines :) Shiiit, I know I would buy one right away.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The redline exhaust is 2.25 and the spot that has the O2 sensor is flattened out so there is some work that can be done. I am also looking forward to that header getting done.

·
Registered
617 Posts
redline24 said:
I go monday at 8:30 in the morning and I will see if they have a mandrel bender but on the redline exhaust its pretty much straight back except for the U bend and the bend over the axel. I will also be saying goodbye to the resonator.
Well... how did it turn out??? SOUNDS? VIDEOS??? PLEASE!!!! PERFORMANCE???

·
Banned
177 Posts
Redline SPECIFIC Headers are in progress..
I'm going to "discuss" a production run with a 3rd party until our facility is ready to rock and roll.. (how else did you think I knew about bender prices..? ;) ) so we can get product to market, but after 2005 they'll be made in-house.

·
Registered
617 Posts
SCdyne said:
Redline SPECIFIC Headers are in progress..
I'm going to "discuss" a production run with a 3rd party until our facility is ready to rock and roll.. (how else did you think I knew about bender prices..? ;) ) so we can get product to market, but after 2005 they'll be made in-house.
That's awsome Adam. I'm sure I can speak for everyone with a Red Line that we appreciate you supporting the aftermarket for our cars. Is there any estimated date when these will be available or is it still too early for that?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i hope they go into a full 3'' exhaust

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its louder, Its a pretty nice deep sound, Not much change in performance, Probably will go 3 inch when more bolt ons become avaliable. I think a header and intake would go nicely.

·
Registered
617 Posts
redline24 said:
Its louder, Its a pretty nice deep sound, Not much change in performance, Probably will go 3 inch when more bolt ons become avaliable. I think a header and intake would go nicely.
Pics? Sound File?

·
Banned
177 Posts
Right now I design, test and build a product and use a California job-shop to manufacture it. It gets products to market, but I can't directly control quality and can't make improvements as often as may be neccessary. It also costs more, which I'm stuck passing on to the purchaser.
Early in 2005 my company will be moved in to a new location that is still being built and doing all of our own manufacturing. (In-House) The location along with the equipment will allow us to produce very high quality products and still compete at a consumer level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts