Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did the barry's intake mod exactly like it said, i even read it 3 times to make sure i didn't miss aything.as soon as i got it back together the light came on. i unhooked the batt to see if it would reset the pcm and clear the code,no luck. i took it to advanced auto and used thier obd2 scanner and cleared it. i drove about a mile down the road and it came back on.i drove it around for a couple of hrs after that and then went by auto zone to use their scanner. it threw a p0171 code which i #2 bank running to lean. i cleared the code(btw i done this monday) drove it the rest of the night and all day yesterday and no light.got in the car last night,started it up and what a ya know lights on again. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
either the filter fell off. or the sensor isnt perfectly lined up.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
there's a bank 2, i thought that would be for a v type engine, what does it mean between bank 1 and bank 2?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
werd, i'm glad to know that people are having the computer throw the running lean code for an intake modification as opposed to the running rich that i ran into. getting it checked out by saturn on thursday so i'd appreciate it if you post this info in the Redline Problems thread if you could, thanks,

Vita

·
Banned
572 Posts
me and my frined made a intake from a wrx piping the gose throught the stock airbox and everyonce ina while like 2 weeks it will throw a barometric pressure code. talk to a tech and he said needs to be tightened. did it had no prob since

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
kazkillinger said:
me and my frined made a intake from a wrx piping the gose throught the stock airbox and everyonce ina while like 2 weeks it will throw a barometric pressure code. talk to a tech and he said needs to be tightened. did it had no prob since
please take the extra 3 seconds to actually type something comprehensible, i know it's a lot of work, but i know you can do it if you try

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just To Let You Know. With This Mod Done On 4 Of Our Saturns, No Codes Have Been Activated........except One Where The Filter Fell Off Down Inside The Air Box.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Barry said:
Just To Let You Know. With This Mod Done On 4 Of Our Saturns, No Codes Have Been Activated........except One Where The Filter Fell Off Down Inside The Air Box.
Been running since Saturday with the Barry/Jim hybrid intake and solenoid line plugged - no codes, no stumbles.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I took my airbox completely off and it threw the CEL. I disconnected the battery and it went away for a day. It came back for about 10 minutes the next day, then went off and I haven't seen it since.

I think the computer just has to get used to the extra airflow. :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 2nd light said #1 bank to lean. i removed the air box yesterday and modified the factory lid so that the maf mounts in it original location. i have to go get the last code cleared,but after that i will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
blueline said:
I had a similar code show up. Mine said bank 1 was too rich. The light goes off and on every 4 or 5 days.
what caused it? removing the airbox? if you could, please post this in the Redline Problems thread

1 - 15 of 15 Posts